How long until Boone County "Rebels" are forced to change their mascot?

brooksville

I hear ya. As an alumni, I'm not all that worked up about about them removing Mr. Rebel. I don't go to anything related to the school and don't plan to send my kids there, so it's whatever.

It's the blog that CWB linked to that irritates me quite a bit. Hard to argue with someone's feelings and opinions on their experience of HS but I sure think she took a ton of liberties with stuff in there to try and make her classmates at the time a bunch of racists. Her section about the history of the school has some value and is accruate. Can't argue with the pictures. But pretending like all that was going on when she as there is a joke and just clickbait to make herself more relevant. That irritates me.

My point was not to say that her article was 100% accurate. My point was to bring up the fact that she brought attention to the issue again...and it DID get attention. There were newspapers and television news broadcasts about it, yet it was another occasion where BCHS ignored the issue.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was not to say that her article was 100% accurate. My point was to bring up the fact that she brought attention to the issue again...and it DID get attention. There were newspapers and television news broadcasts about it, yet it was another occasion where BCHS ignored the issue.

And my point is that you shouldn't use her as a point because she brought attention to get attention for herself and make herself more relevant, while pretending her white classmates with full of racism.

But I hear ya.

So is their mascot going to come out dressed as a big block letter B?

No, a guy dressed as James Dean, or 1940s biker gear like Marlon Brando, or Peter Fonda look-a-like drives out on a US flag logo chopper :idunno: