What's the deal at Waggener?

All Tell

It's a darn shame Coach Johnson has to come on here and defend himself and his program because people think Waggener should be a state-championship contender by virtue of having two D1 prospects.

Back-to-back 6-5 seasons is a darn-near miracle for that program when you consider where it was before Coach Johnson took over.

Couldn't agree with this more. Well said and best wishes to Waggener football!

This should be a classic thread. Nothing like a coach coming on and sticking it in and breaking it off to those whom would savage his players. Keep it up coach, a lot of the same things going on here in Bardstown, we know what you're dealing with.

This should be a classic thread. Nothing like a coach coming on and sticking it in and breaking it off to those whom would savage his players. Keep it up coach, a lot of the same things going on here in Bardstown, we know what you're dealing with.

Didn't one time say anything negative about the players. It's amazing, successful programs can be picked apart but question a less then successful one and you get ripped. I know the talent that's been at Waggener the last few years and I still think it's a legitimate question.

Didn't one time say anything negative about the players. It's amazing, successful programs can be picked apart but question a less then successful one and you get ripped. I know the talent that's been at Waggener the last few years and I still think it's a legitimate question.

Then why the thread? DuPont Manual can't beat anyone in their district despite extraordinary JCPS funding, yet you never pick on them. Eastern had the largest numbers in the state until this year but you don't post any Eastern threads. Waggener has 2 D1 recruits on a team of about 20 players in a team game, yet in October 2016 you mockingly said of Jairus Brents that you would like to have seen how he would have competed at a larger school playing better competition. If you get the right to claim it's a legitimate question then I have the same right to question whether you repeatedly unfairly castigate schools whose kids have rough backgrounds.

Then why the thread? DuPont Manual can't beat anyone in their district despite extraordinary JCPS funding, yet you never pick on them. Eastern had the largest numbers in the state until this year but you don't post any Eastern threads. Waggener has 2 D1 recruits on a team of about 20 players in a team game, yet in October 2016 you mockingly said of Jairus Brents that you would like to have seen how he would have competed at a larger school playing better competition. If you get the right to claim it's a legitimate question then I have the same right to question whether you repeatedly unfairly castigate schools whose kids have rough backgrounds.

Check my posting history I've been very critical of both Manual and Eastern in the past. To say that I repeatedly unfairly castigate schools whose kids have rough backgrounds is inaccurate. And for the record I still would like to see how Brents would fare playing against better competition.

Would love to have seen this young man at a bigger school playing against better competition.

That's the post you pointed out from Oct. 2016. Please explain how it's in any way mocking Jarius Brents.

As we cover the Oldham schools, Pegasus Sports sees a lot of nearby teams in Shelby, Bullitt, Spencer, and Jefferson counties. Looking forward to seeing this Waggener team this year when they play North Oldham at Waggener. Hope lots of the folks posting here take a moment to watch the game as its always motivating to me to see a program rebuilding from the ground up - and slowly seeing the fruits of its labors come to pass! Waggener seems to have some things slowly moving in the right direction; I know AD Jamie Dumstorf has been engineering a lot of improvements in the athletic program there, despite lacking the resources of many bigger schools. A new track was one of the most recent additions.... And Coach Johnson seems to have the football team going in the right direction, IMO.

We're watching North Oldham rebuilding as well this year, so we expect to really enjoy that broadcast of two teams on the upward climb....

CM

As we cover the Oldham schools, Pegasus Sports sees a lot of nearby teams in Shelby, Bullitt, Spencer, and Jefferson counties. Looking forward to seeing this Waggener team this year when they play North Oldham at Waggener. Hope lots of the folks posting here take a moment to watch the game on The Pegasus Sports Network - PSN as its always motivating to me to see a program rebuilding from the ground up - and slowly seeing the fruits of its labors come to pass! Waggener seems to have some things slowly moving in the right direction; I know AD Jamie Dumstorf has been engineering a lot of improvements in the athletic program there, despite lacking the resources of many bigger schools. A new track was one of the most recent additions.... And Coach Johnson seems to have the football team going in the right direction, IMO.

We're watching North Oldham rebuilding as well this year, so we expect to really enjoy that broadcast of two teams on the upward climb....

CM