Soccerama Schedule at Dixie Heights High School August 11 & 12

What did he say? Give us the scoop.:clap:

Yes, this is third hand from another coach participating but who spoke to the DHS administrator for the event. That said, I'm sure it's not the whole story but it is the story being passed around. So, take it with that in mind.

The gist is that the SK coach wanted to have his team warm-up near the goal line between the corner flag and goal. He was informed by Dixie field administrators prior to his team setting up that the school arranged for all teams to warm up on one of two grass fields (baseball; behind home stands and softball; behind visitor).

He ignored the request and began setting up cones with his players nearby at which time a Dixie admin told him his team was not allowed to warm-up there. A "heated" exchange occurred at that point of which specifics of language or exactly what was stated, i was not informed nor asked but at that point, it's claimed the SK coach told his player to "grab their stuff and get on the bus as they were leaving". It was witnessed that players were crying (personal opinion but if true, it's understandable and I would think that it had as much to do with the actions of the "adults" involved as it was about being told by their coach they were not playing). This part is fuzzy but what I was explained was that as the players were boarding or already boarded Dixie admins granted the request for the sake of the players.

Again, this is 3rd hand information. So, I'm sure some variation is what happened but the fact that something did happen at all is very saddening and not the type of behavior that needs to occur especially in front of players who often mirror their adult influences whether in the stands or on the side line. I can only hope no abusive or cursive language was used by any parties especially in the presence of the young ladies.

Although, i did not attend myself I understand the event was very successful with good competition, great weather and a solid crowd. I'm sure that is what will be remembered by the vast majority involved.

So which part are we denying happened? That the SK coach wanted to warm up behind a goal while another game was being played, the request to not do so and go where all the other teams had warmed up, the heated discussion (one or two sides), the pulling of the team from the complex and putting them back on the bus in "protest"?

Just want to make sure I get all the "facts"

Did any other team take their players from the field with their equipment and put them back on their bus...before their game started? No team did this...let the rumor mill spin a story.

For the third time since you seem to be in the know, what happened?

For the third time since you seem to be in the know, what happened?

While I was attending this event to watch my niece playing in the game before the SK match I did hear the comments of the SK coach and to say the least it was embarrassing...... while they did have success last season that does not bring entitlements. This is a preseason scrimmage not the state semi finals, to me all perspective has been lost here.