Football Playoff Pairings: Name That Year

At the start of the season if I recall

I think Highlands spanked them in the Semi's

What year was it that Hopkinsville got in trouble for an illegal player? Was that 95 also?

No sir. That was 97. Think Hopkinsville lost to BG in 95, highlands was either in 96 or 97, can't remember which one. Cov Cath was one of those losses both at state, no blowouts.

Isn't 95 the yr Hopkinsville beat Leslie county like a drum?
Yes, the Tigers were the fastest high school team all around that I had ever seen. I drove to Hopkinsville to watch that game and they just killed Leslie County. I was shocked they didn't win the 3A title that year. I didn't think another 3A team in KY would get the best of them, kind of like the Danville team that lost to Prestonsburg in 93.

No sir. That was 97. Think Hopkinsville lost to BG in 95, highlands was either in 96 or 97, can't remember which one. Cov Cath was one of those losses both at state, no blowouts.

1995 - Bowling Green 28 Hopkinsville 14 (AAA 3rd round)

1996 - Highlands 21 Hopkinsville 14 (AAA finals)

1997 - Covington Catholic 21 Hopkinsville 13 (AAA finals)

Isn't 95 the yr Hopkinsville beat Leslie county like a drum?

Yes, the Tigers were the fastest high school team all around that I had ever seen. I drove to Hopkinsville to watch that game and they just killed Leslie County. I was shocked they didn't win the 3A title that year. I didn't think another 3A team in KY would get the best of them, kind of like the Danville team that lost to Prestonsburg in 93.

From the 10/1/95 Courier-Journal:

zFnTtHD.jpg

icEesQz.jpg

Franklin-Simpson won their first four playoff games that year by a combined score of 164-7. They lost to Breathitt County 42-35 in double overtime in the AA state title game. FS had leads of 14-0 and 28-20 in the title game before Breathitt rallied to tie the game late. FS also gave Bowling Green its closest game of the year, a 13-12 regular season win by the Purples at BG.

Franklin-Simpson won their first four playoff games that year by a combined score of 164-7. They lost to Breathitt County 42-35 in double overtime in the AA state title game. FS had leads of 14-0 and 28-20 in the title game before Breathitt rallied to tie the game late. FS also gave Bowling Green its closest game of the year, a 13-12 regular season win by the Purples at BG.

Breathitt was unbelievable during that run

I think he meant Highlands spanked Leslie County in the semis. They murdered them. I was at that game.