Henderson County dismisses baseball Coach Nanthan Isenberg

Emmitt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the fact that he is gone is anyone concerned that taping someone without their knowledge is illegal?

It's not illegal if you are involved in the conversation. You can't record 2 other people but if you and I are talking you can record it.

A few hundred in a community of over 40,000. For every 1 person you find wanting him back I can guarantee you there are 4 glad to see him gone. There was no mistake made. Maybe he was setup but doesn't change the fact he did what he is accused of.

What is he accused of?

I have listened to the tape and heard nothing that would warrant firing him. I was asking woodsrider because he said he did what he was accused of and my question is still " what is he accused of " - a simple question for those in the know.

Isenberg does not want his players playing other sports and goes as far as to tell them they can't if they want to be on the baseball team. At least one kid went out of the golf team and posted something about it on social media. He did so knowing Isenberg would call him about it and he recorded the call. I doubt the kid really wanted to play on the golf team, it just happened to be the sport in season at the time. No doubt the kid set him up but so what. Isenberg is a jerk for the way he treats players wanting to play other sports.

I personally have not heard the call but was told by those that have that Isenberg screwed up big time with the way he talked to the kid. Knowing what I do about Isenberg it does not surprise me.

Isenberg does not want his players playing other sports and goes as far as to tell them they can't if they want to be on the baseball team. At least one kid went out of the golf team and posted something about it on social media. He did so knowing Isenberg would call him about it and he recorded the call. I doubt the kid really wanted to play on the golf team, it just happened to be the sport in season at the time. No doubt the kid set him up but so what. Isenberg is a jerk for the way he treats players wanting to play other sports.

I personally have not heard the call but was told by those that have that Isenberg screwed up big time with the way he talked to the kid. Knowing what I do about Isenberg it does not surprise me.

You are right on. And anybody that threatens a kid with words that you will never play college baseball and never play on this team you need to grow up it was a picture of the team and they cut the coach out big deal.

You are right on. And anybody that threatens a kid with words that you will never play college baseball and never play on this team you need to grow up it was a picture of the team and they cut the coach out big deal.

LOVE IT!!!!

If the above is all true, that kid is my hero. And I don't care what Isenberg said to the kid. Any coach that pressures high school and younger kids to play one sport only cares only about himself and not about the kids.

LOVE IT!!!!

If the above is all true, that kid is my hero. And I don't care what Isenberg said to the kid. Any coach that pressures high school and younger kids to play one sport only cares only about himself and not about the kids.

That part about Isenberg is 100% true. The stuff about the phone call and picture, I didn't see or hear any of it first hand so going by what I've been told.

They should have found another way for that kids sake. He is going to get a reputation for doing that, and I hate to think a parent put him up to that. Regardless, if he is a jerk or whether or not he deserves to be fired, this player should have people around him looking out for his best interest better than this. From now on, he'll be referred to as "the kid that set his coach up." Whether or not it was deserved, is irrelevant. Nobody will hear the details. They'll only know him by that.