Kyrie Irving requests a trade from Cavs

I don't know much about Kyrie, but he seems to be his own man. Remember, he didn't sign to come play with James, it was the other way around. Not that he didn't benefit from James, but he got out of it what he needed (a title) and is ready to prove on his own he can carry a team. Kyrie is also getting out in front of James jetting out of town unannounced leaving him high and dry.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reports, they were never buddy-buddy and Irving was tired of all of LeBron's cryptic tweets and backhanded ways of calling-out teammates on social media. Kyrie apparently caught wind that after last season (you know, the one where Kyrie closed the deal in the Finals), James was angling to get Chris Paul in exchange for Kyrie. Irving was also rumored as part of a failed Paul George deal.

I don't know much about Kyrie, but he seems to be his own man. Remember, he didn't sign to come play with James, it was the other way around. Not that he didn't benefit from James, but he got out of it what he needed (a title) and is ready to prove on his own he can carry a team. Kyrie is also getting out in front of James jetting out of town unannounced leaving him high and dry.

From reports, they were never buddy-buddy and Irving was tired of all of LeBron's cryptic tweets and backhanded ways of calling-out teammates on social media. Kyrie apparently caught wind that after last season (you know, the one where Kyrie closed the deal in the Finals), James was angling to get Chris Paul in exchange for Kyrie. Irving was also rumored as part of a failed Paul George deal.

That's a pretty solid recap, can you blame him?

I'm already so over this issue I can't see straight. I hope Irving goes somewhere and flops. I hope the Cavs miss the playoffs. I hope Lebroke leaves after next season and loses in the finals again where ever he lands.

• 4 weeks later...