Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 2017

Featured Replies

What does Mayfield need to do to improve in 2017? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Mayfield will have one of it's fastest teams ever. They have a big and experienced line and are deep at the receiver position. Running back will be handle by committee, is my guess and there is a quarterback competition going on and its seems Mayfield has two very good options.

I saw Mayfield in 7 on 7 at Murray State last night and both QB's looked good and so did the receivers

I say Mayfield will be right in the thick of it for the state title and the good news is a team will have to knock them off at War Memorial.

:ylsuper: DEFENSIVE BACKS are top notch :taz:

So is the O-line. The RB's are not as experienced but there is a TON of talent there and at the receiver positions. I couldn't make the 7 on 7 but hear they looked good. Won all 3 I believe.

Watched practice this morning for a while and both QB's appear to be doing VERY well! I really don't know which one will get the call. Maybe both??

The O and D lines are stacked with upper classmen as are the D-backs. 4-5 RB's ready to roll.

All that being said, it's a re-building year... like every year. :lol2:

With Mayfield, it is not a rebuilding year, it is a reloading year as always.

I don't have enough scoop to comment, but I'm hearing some positive things early on.

I'm hearing the 3 Graves transfers, the transfer kid from St Louis and the one from Florida are all looking great.. The 2 others from Alabama and Maryland are excellent athletes but still young and it may be a year or so before they're ready to have a breakout season.. :sarcastic:

I haven't seen or heard anything on those kids. I have, however, seen and heard from kids from last year that are making big waves.

I'm hearing the 3 Graves transfers, the transfer kid from St Louis and the one from Florida are all looking great.. The 2 others from Alabama and Maryland are excellent athletes but still young and it may be a year or so before they're ready to have a breakout season.. :sarcastic:

 

Just out of curiosity how are all these transfers from other states landing at Mayfield? I'm not familiar with the town? Is the economy there good? Are families moving there for jobs?

OB Catholic and Mayfield will be another good matchup.

Just out of curiosity how are all these transfers from other states landing at Mayfield? I'm not familiar with the town? Is the economy there good? Are families moving there for jobs?

 

They come to play for the Cards

Hope Mayfield beats Corbin in a bad way.

Just out of curiosity how are all these transfers from other states landing at Mayfield? I'm not familiar with the town? Is the economy there good? Are families moving there for jobs?

 

I believe he was being sarcastic. There was a great deal of talk about transfers in the off-season, but none of them materialized. I only saw two transfers, brothers from the Northeast I believe, and I don't think I have seen them around the last few days. Mayfield's teams are home grown. I've been watching this year's starters since they were 3rd graders. Add it to the list of 'how do they do it' questions. How does a town this small produce such competitive teams annually? Must be something in the water I guess.

I believe he was being sarcastic. There was a great deal of talk about transfers in the off-season, but none of them materialized. I only saw two transfers, brothers from the Northeast I believe, and I don't think I have seen them around the last few days. Mayfield's teams are home grown. I've been watching this year's starters since they were 3rd graders. Add it to the list of 'how do they do it' questions. How does a town this small produce such competitive teams annually? Must be something in the water I guess.

 

Yep, I would imagine any transfers would be quite a bit behind those "home grown" anyway.

 

Anyone who has been in the Mayfield area for awhile knows that kids in the system start early, and the football tradition is emphasized early in the school system. This goes back to at least the 1970s, probably earlier, before I was born. Not many schools do that and the results show on the field.

Mayfield will be mayfield year in and year out. Definitely will be a tough out in the playoffs!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.