When is it "gossip"?

BigVMan23

If you did not personally witness what you are talking about it is gossip. If you were there, it is a fact.

So...Jesus is gossip?:idunno:

I think you see whee I am going with this, and I completely disagree with your definition.

In our small town there's not many places to hang out but the local restaurant (home cooking type that most small towns have) is where a lot of men and a few ladies meet in the mornings for breakfast and gossip. One old guy seems to always have some juicy news about someone. He'll say, 'Well, did ya hear about so and so...." and then cut loose with the news of his subject. Then he always says at the end of his story, "But now every word of that may not be true so don't repeat it. It's just what they're saying."

"They" is the culprit that spreads all the gossip. :D

So...Jesus is gossip?:idunno:

I think you see whee I am going with this, and I completely disagree with your definition.

Jesus is an interesting place to go with gossip. Did he perform miracles? Not sure. It is a belief. I don't speak of him in ways to defame his character.

If I saw you beat that little kid for missing that basket and tell someone, that's a fact with a little hint of gossip to defame your character. If I never saw you hit him, it is pure gossip!