Police Taser suicidal man doused in Gasoline; setting him on fire

littleluck55

Seriously!? Trying to get the Fire Department (at least the one where I worked) to help the Police with any type of Law Enforcement Function was a complete non-starter. They always had some blanket legal statement for everything.

Any taser training I've had says not to tase even after OC because it's flammable. I wouldn't have tasted the guy if I knew him to be covered in gas.

I'd say given a few minutes to mull it over, I take my Asp and try and crack him across the wrist to make him drop the lighter if I can get close enough.

The only guy soaked in gas I've dealt with was 30' up a pine tree :lol2:

Any chance you have a chain saw in your trunk?:lol2:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except studies have been done to show that hitting someone doused in gasoline with a taser is absolutely going to set them on fire. I haven't been able to find anything regarding the reaction of a bullet.
the bullet wouldn't ignite him but running a big risk on hitting something internally that would kill him.

The Fire Department has Chainsaws but I am sure they would cry about that too and we would have to call our Public Service Department.

Man, I'm glad we have a better relationship with our FD. They just ran their ladder up the tree and went up there with one of our guys :lol2:. Not me though, I'm scared of heights :D, so we get along fine. Now the S.O......:rolleyes:

I just finished talking to a local police officer and same deal, for whatever reason the leadership is anti bean bag.

Probably because they are afraid they will be used in a game of corn hole. Seeing officers eating donuts and playing corn hole is a bad look for any department.