Reds @ Diamondbacks (7/7-7/9)

Nobody is saying that Votto is not a great hitter because stats do tell the story. In the past couple of years he would take good pitches in really good hitter counts that he is driving out of the park this year. It appears to me that he has made up his his mind that he helps this team more by driving in runs than walking and he is a little more agressive in hitters counts.

This.

Nobody is saying that Votto is not a great hitter because stats do tell the story. In the past couple of years he would take good pitches in really good hitter counts that he is driving out of the park this year. It appears to me that he has made up his his mind that he helps this team more by driving in runs than walking and he is a little more agressive in hitters counts.

I think you're seeing what you want to see. As VOR said, "Votto tied for first in the NL in walks. On pace for the third most walks in a season in his career." He is walking just as much as always (actually more).

Slugging suggests the hits he is getting are more XBH than singles. Given that XBH (particularly HRs) are up across MLB, I'd like to see how much Votto's increase in XBH ('17 v. '16) exceeds the MLB increase '17 v. '16).

Ahh OK, I hope. :thumb:

Nevermind, he was serious.

Peraza boots a double play ground ball right at him and now bringing in Lorenzen to face Goldschmidt with two runners on. Hamilton has struck out three times today which a lead off hitter can not do. Reds 2-1 for now.

Castillo looked phenomenal Saturday, then Homer with the gem yesterday.

I think they move Feldman before the deadline.

Time to let the young guys (and Bailey) show what they've got...I would like to see the 2nd half rotation of:

Homer

Castillo

Romano

Stephenson

Garrett/Reed/Davis/Stephens