Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Powder Coating Rims

Featured Replies

The rims on my sons truck are looking pretty bad. We've looked at buying new ones and found a few reasonably priced candidates on Tirerack.com.

 

Before committing to buying something new, I wanted to see if anyone knew of and could recommend any powder coating places in NKY. If prices are reasonable we would probably go that route instead of new rims.

 

Any help guidance would be appreciated.

A couple more games, and he can buy a set of these:

 

wh653-14.jpg

 

Yes, those are hubcap spinners.....

  • Author
A couple more games, and he can buy a set of these:

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62479[/ATTACH]

 

Yes, those are hubcap spinners.....

 

Noooooooooooooo

 

If that's the case, he's grounded and can't ump any more games.

I can't offer a whole lot of guidance on there wheres and hows of getting something powder coated...but on the occasions where I've had to have something powder coated for a project I was bidding on, the painting contractor would usually find someone to do it, or occasionally the metal fabricator would find someone to do it. What I DO know about it is that it never ends up being cheap, and it always ends up taking longer than expected...so if you go that route you can definitely plan on your son's truck being out of commission and sitting on blocks for at least a couple-few weeks.

The rims on my sons truck are looking pretty bad. We've looked at buying new ones and found a few reasonably priced candidates on Tirerack.com.

 

Before committing to buying something new, I wanted to see if anyone knew of and could recommend any powder coating places in NKY. If prices are reasonable we would probably go that route instead of new rims.

 

Any help guidance would be appreciated.

 

Killer Coatings in Covington. 859-916-5678.

 

I have several friends that have used them to powder coat their rims. I believe they will take the tires off of the rim and put them back on and balance them for around 125 per rim. Not sure if they will take them off of the car or if you need to just take the tire and rim to them.

How about "plasti dip" spray. I've never tried it, but know you can pick up a can for $7 at autozone and give it a try. Or if anyone has done this, does it work or a big ordeal?

I went thru 4-D auto Body off Weaver road in Florence. They have a guy that will do them for $175 a wheel and warranty them for life. Mine look brand new and it did not take that long.

  • Author
How about "plasti dip" spray. I've never tried it, but know you can pick up a can for $7 at autozone and give it a try. Or if anyone has done this, does it work or a big ordeal?

 

We tried the spray. It looked great for a few days, but started to peel not long after .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.