Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

30 years ago tonight...

Featured Replies

Smart takes the shot!!

 

Indiana 74 Syracuse 73

 

Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans

 

Same corner of the floor where a pretty good player took a winning shot 5 years earlier in the same building.

A shot that I will never forget!!! That was one gutsy shot!!

Another case of missed free throws opens the door for heroics. Keith Smart's highlight of his basketball career.

Another case of missed free throws opens the door for heroics. Keith Smart's highlight of his basketball career.

 

And that Syracuse team was notorious for being horrible free throw shooters. I could be wrong but I think PF Derrick Coleman was the team's best free throw shooter.

And that Syracuse team was notorious for being horrible free throw shooters. I could be wrong but I think PF Derrick Coleman was the team's best free throw shooter.

 

Yea but I think Coleman had something like 18 Rebounds that game.

Yea but I think Coleman had something like 18 Rebounds that game.

 

Yeah he was the real deal. I always liked watching him play. Was he a one and done or was he there two years?

Yeah he was the real deal. I always liked watching him play. Was he a one and done or was he there two years?

 

He was a freshman that year but stayed all four years.

I'd just moved into an apartment with a coworker in Middlesboro. We had a kitchen table (no chairs), a couch, a bean bag, a lawn chair and a wire spool for a coffee table. Luckily we had a 17" TV and I got to watch this great game, from the bean bag!!!

  • Author
I'd just moved into an apartment with a coworker in Middlesboro. We had a kitchen table (no chairs), a couch, a bean bag, a lawn chair and a wire spool for a coffee table. Luckily we had a 17" TV and I got to watch this great game, from the bean bag!!!

 

I was 19, in the Navy, stationed in Pearl Harbor, HI. All weekday major sporting events were on tape delay. As an Indiana fan at that time, I did my best to seclude myself to not find out the outcome before watching and was successful. I ended up watching at a friend's house.

  • Author
And that Syracuse team was notorious for being horrible free throw shooters. I could be wrong but I think PF Derrick Coleman was the team's best free throw shooter.

 

Not sure about that as I watched the footage yesterday. I believe it showed him at 68% on the year before he stepped to the line.

Not sure about that as I watched the footage yesterday. I believe it showed him at 68% on the year before he stepped to the line.

 

That team was really bad at shooting feee throws. I am thinking DC was better at the line than Douglas and a couple of the others. I can't find their season stats right now though.

  • Author
That team was really bad at shooting feee throws. I am thinking DC was better at the line than Douglas and a couple of the others. I can't find their season stats right now though.

 

I found them...of the 5 starters, he was 4th best, only Rony Seikaly at 60% was worse.

 

The Orangemen (at that time) shot 65% as a team

I found them...of the 5 starters, he was 4th best, only Rony Seikaly at 60% was worse.

 

The Orangemen (at that time) shot 65% as a team

 

I thought I remembered that they were bad at free throws. Wrong on where DC was.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.