Flashing lights!

Thanks. But everyone can thank us, and him, along with every other person out there who deals with traffic situations by passing the word along. Help educate those you know about flashing lights. I have been out there myself many times and been way to close to cars going 65+ mph . Most of the time it could be avoided if people would just move over a lane, when that's not possible just slow down. This is a law in other states with steep fines. And when weather is a factor, the danger is much worse. I have been preaching this for 20 years especially every time I heard about an accident like this. Always prayed it wouldn't be my son, but prayers don't stop dumb drivers.

Every state as of 2012. In KY it's the "Move Over Kentucky" law, with a fine of up to $500. Seems like a small number for such ramifications.

Glad your son will recover.

Failing to yield right of way to a stopped emergency vehicle or public safety vehicle with it's lights activated is an arrest-able offense in KY, it's a CLASS B misdemeanor. I've advised folks of such on several occasions. If you can't get over you can always slow down.

Followed a school bus on Gilbert Ave in Cincy on Tuesday. He was in the curb lane, I in the passing. So I stopped when the sign and flashers came out, which, of course, you have to. People were beeping at me like crazy. I just don't get what could be so important to want to endanger children.

They seem to live by different rules on that side of the pond. LOL.

Seriously, What the heck is wrong with people?

The truth of what happened the other night is a car did exactly as it should have, moved over and slowed down to about 45mph because of the emergency vehicles and the snow/ice covered roadway. The next car coming along was running 65-70 mph and lost control as he tried to avoid the car that had slowed for the conditions. ( Which he hit anyway) Had he slowed down and was paying attention none of this would have happened. 19 year old kid with other kids in the car, driving to fast for the conditions and not slowing down with a bunch of flashing lights all over the road. Maybe he just wasn't paying attention. He was def going to fast on a snow covered road. Maybe he was never educated and told what to do when he sees those flashing lights. I think it's common sense, but apparently it isn't for some people. So we have to educate those. Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes and keep spreading the word.