Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP March Madness Contest Scoring

Which scoring method should we use this year...see description of each in first post. 15 members have voted

  1. 1. Which scoring method should we use this year...see description of each in first post.

    • Default
      60%
      9
    • Big Points
      20%
      3
    • Fibonacci
      6%
      1
    • Progressive (with upset bonus)
      6%
      1
    • Straight
      6%
      1
    • Early Upset
      0%
      0
    • Seed Bonus
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Getting ready to set up this years BGP Bracket Contest. Which scoring method do we want to try this year...I'm open to all options.

 

Default (1-2-4-8-16-32) Traditional scoring system with a heavier weighting on picks in later rounds. Works well with Seed Difference bonuses.

 

Big Points (10-20-40-80-120-160) Bigger is better, so we multipled everything by 10! Except for the Semis and Finals, which are weighted relatively less.

 

Fibonacci (2-3-5-8-13-21) A nicely balanced scoring system based on a famous mathematical progression. Slightly favors getting earlier picks correct versus later picks.

 

Progressive (1-2-3-4-5-6) Slight weighting toward later rounds keeps this game interesting past round one. Try it with Upset Pick bonuses

 

Straight (1-1-1-1-1-1) Correct picks are always worth 1 point. No weightings.

 

Early Upsets (Fibonacci with early round upset bonus) Fibonacci scoring with bonus points awarded for picking any upset correctly. Heavier bonus in the early rounds to encourage riskier brackets.

 

Seed Bonus (Default with seed difference upset bonus) Default scoring with a big reward for big upsets. Awards points equal to the seed difference between the two teams when you correctly pick an upset.

  • Author

Votes as of tomorrow will be used to HELP determine which scoring system we use this year.

I'm a fan of the default method. Not a big fan of the bonus points for upsets and what not.

I'm a fan of the default method. Not a big fan of the bonus points for upsets and what not.

 

I voted big points but I agree with you. I don't care much for the extra variations.

I'm a fan of the default method. Not a big fan of the bonus points for upsets and what not.

 

Agreed

  • Author

Looks like it will be default scoring that gives a bigger advantage to getting the final four correct than picking early round games.

Has the challenge posted yet? I think I remember entering, but cannot remember. Where is it, if it has?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.