Collins 54 Anderson County 53 (8th Region Championship)

I think the emotions ran high on both sides. But they couldn't help it the Refs didn't call anything in the first half. You could slap and push and no calls. A total of 5 fouls called 2 on Collins and 3 on Anderson. I still don't think the bald headed official called a foul the entire night. It's really a credit to both sides that nothing happened.

And then got real inconsistent in the 4th. Yep I wasn't overly impressed with the refing in last nights game.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It went from a game in the first three quarters where you had to draw blood to get foul called to a game in the 4th quarter where they were calling touch fouls. There was no consistency at all from the first 3 quarters to the 4th. I have to say it was a poorly officiated game overall. I wonder if the KHSAA has a process to review and grade officials. This game would be perfect for teaching that as an official you need to be consistent in how you make calls throughout the game.

As you know I'm a little partial! Lol. And there were awful calls on both sides like Turner Should be fouled out late in the fourth. But the one earlier that he was undercut and came down on the kids back then his legs were taken out from under him and nothing called. Might have been the worst call I've ever seen.

Someone told me today the ref underneath at the end of the game on the layin attempt by Penny blew the whistle and motioned for a charge? Did anyone see that? If it happened, I didn't see or hear it, but had that shot went in and he called a charge, that gym would have become a madhouse.

Someone told me today the ref underneath at the end of the game on the layin attempt by Penny blew the whistle and motioned for a charge? Did anyone see that? If it happened, I didn't see or hear it, but had that shot went in and he called a charge, that gym would have become a madhouse.

I didn't see that but no way they could have called a charge it you would have called anything it would have had to have been a body foul. But however it was a good no call I don't think it was enough to warrant a foul but no way it was a charge.