2017 Motor City Madness (Horizon League Tournament)

justsayin

Who wins the 2017 Motor City Madness?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2017 Motor City Madness?

• Oakland
    • Valpo
    • Green Bay
    • NKU
    • Wright St
    • other

Oakland is definitely the favorite. I hope that it means that NKU advances to the Finals and upsets them!

Unfortunately, NKU would get Oakland in the semifinals. :(

Oakland plays the 8/9 winner, then gets the 4/5 (NKU/Wright St) winner. An uphill climb for NKU.

Interesting note I just learned on Peters: he graduated last spring, so he was eligible to transfer anywhere in the country. He made that decision to stay, even after learning that HC Bryce Drew had left to take the Vandy job. He cited his desire to finish his career with his "brothers" at Valpo.

We often see graduate transfers on other teams. I'm sure he could have found a spot on any number of top 20 teams this season. Very noble move on his part.

Side note: Is there a more annoying player to watch than Wright State's Grant Benzinger? I know he's a Cincinnati kid, but goodness he irks me like no other.

I said the same thing to myself when I was at the game last week.......but the kid can play.

Side note: Is there a more annoying player to watch than Wright State's Grant Benzinger? I know he's a Cincinnati kid, but goodness he irks me like no other.

My son played against him. Kid is a hard nosed stud/thug. He has a drive that does not stop. Took a kid on our team out rather hard. But he can hoop it up.

Several folks are kicking dirt on Valpo prematurely, in my opinion.

Hammink and Walker are solid, but after them, largely a group of role players. Such a difficult task to replace your top dog (and he's a bonafide too dog) and his 23/10 so late in the season. Tough challenge for a first year coach.

Oakland's 3-headed monster of Walker, Hayes and Dorsey-Walker, along with Brock appear to be the class of the field.

Anxious to see it play out. Norse up!