February 24, 20179 yr The daily briefings are starting to have the feel of a class on laws, procedures and processes. And that is even when the agendas and narratives are pre-determined by the poorly performing students. Yesterdays and today lesson - two videos on what is happening on the 'bathroom issue' and why the administration is having to act at the current time. Yesterday - "Why is it a priority?" [video=youtube;0h5C-JZt5P8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5C-JZt5P8
February 24, 20179 yr Author Today - woman sitting in same seat doubles back with the 'bullying' angle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRifwN_n4pE
February 24, 20179 yr Author Seems Tucker Carlson is holding night classes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRUIScKOZvc
February 24, 20179 yr Tucker brought up some good specific points. If the left really wants to go down this insane route then we might as well eliminate gender entirely at this point then. I don't care what gender you identify with. It does not affect me. But when we get into the public or legal realm we have science to define gender. I do not want to hear a liberal talk to me on science on climate change then ignore it on this subject.
February 24, 20179 yr Tucker brought up some good specific points. If the left really wants to go down this insane route then we might as well eliminate gender entirely at this point then. I don't care what gender you identify with. It does not affect me. But when we get into the public or legal realm we have science to define gender. I do not want to hear a liberal talk to me on science on climate change then ignore it on this subject. Knocked that straw man right over :lol2:. Couldn't liberals, or anyone for that matter argue, that biology also contributes to confusion of sexual identity?
February 24, 20179 yr Laws. What are laws? Can't you just ignore a law if you don't agree with it? That is how the country has been run the past 8 years.
February 24, 20179 yr I have a question. How far have we progressed as mankind that after all these years we are debating gender? Think about this. Ill get slammed but I dont care. This is insane. Most people I have talked to about this agree 100%. Here is what most response have been basically. The world is screwed.
February 24, 20179 yr I have a question. How far have we progressed as mankind that after all these years we are debating gender? Think about this. Ill get slammed but I dont care. This is insane. Most people I have talked to about this agree 100%. Here is what most response have been basically. The world is screwed. See I honestly don't care if someone identfies as transgender, more power to them. But that does not mean society as a whole should ignore biology when it comes to interaction with other people. Obama's guidance tried to use a law from 1972 that made no mention of this subject. It was poorly crafted. Trump did not change any laws. What Title IX did focus on was female participation in sports. So the fair question to ask is if a male identified as a female are we ok if he plays on the female team in HS . If so what , what standards, and if not and you are for the bathroom debate then what is the difference.
February 24, 20179 yr Knocked that straw man right over :lol2:. Couldn't liberals, or anyone for that matter argue, that biology also contributes to confusion of sexual identity? No straw man. Like I said I don't care if someone is transgender more power to them. But when comforming with the rest of society it should not be on society to ignore basic biology. There is no standard set on who can and not claim to be transgender. We even hear today that gender identity is fluid, meaning it can change from day to day. A functioning society in everyday business or government can not function on fluid gender identity.
February 25, 20179 yr No straw man. Like I said I don't care if someone is transgender more power to them. But when comforming with the rest of society it should not be on society to ignore basic biology. There is no standard set on who can and not claim to be transgender. We even hear today that gender identity is fluid, meaning it can change from day to day. A functioning society in everyday business or government can not function on fluid gender identity. A govt can't function on fluid gender identity? Bit of an overstatement there, LB. This subject is :deadhorse: with the usual suspects falling on each side, but how does this play out for Trump that held a pride banner and said he had the back of the LGBTQ community? There are folks on both sides of the aisle that are connected to that community, and Trump just took the easy road and kicked it back to the states.
February 25, 20179 yr A govt can't function on fluid gender identity? Bit of an overstatement there, LB. This subject is :deadhorse: with the usual suspects falling on each side, but how does this play out for Trump that held a pride banner and said he had the back of the LGBTQ community? There are folks on both sides of the aisle that are connected to that community, and Trump just took the easy road and kicked it back to the states. The easy way is always to simply follow the U.S. Constitution. That is the path that Trump chose to follow. Hopefully, respect for the 10th Amendment will become a habit for President Trump.
February 25, 20179 yr The easy way is always to simply follow the U.S. Constitution. That is the path that Trump chose to follow. Hopefully, respect for the 10th Amendment will become a habit for President Trump. We will see, but I imagine Trump/Sessions will be hassling some states soon.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.