Chris Renner to miss district tournament

Thank you. Didn't know that.

Bad timing on his part.

From an official's standpoint the last week of the year you do a lot of counseling to coaches/players who start approaching that territory. "Hey, don't screw up and miss the districts."

It was an out of state official that tossed him right? They dont care that districts are this week. This is one of those cases where officials have total control and can do what they wont, with no repercussions. Is the KHSAA going to get with the IHSAA and make sure it was a valid ejection, no. This is solely on the coach, dont schedule out of state games the last weeks of the season and put yourself in that position, you cant win.

Thank you. Didn't know that.

Bad timing on his part.

From an official's standpoint the last week of the year you do a lot of counseling to coaches/players who start approaching that territory. "Hey, don't screw up and miss the districts."

I know my middle school conference I run we adopted HS ejection rules for players and coaches several years ago before middle school sports came under the control of the KHSAA I have had a coach in both boys and girls ejected in the last regular season game and miss all 3 of there games in the post season tournament.

It was an out of state official that tossed him right? They dont care that districts are this week. This is one of those cases where officials have total control and can do what they wont, with no repercussions. Is the KHSAA going to get with the IHSAA and make sure it was a valid ejection, no. This is solely on the coach, dont schedule out of state games the last weeks of the season and put yourself in that position, you cant win.

They won by 20. The officiating couldn't be that bad to get tossed. This is strictly on the coach not Indiana basketball officiating. You get one T that's your warning. You get tossed that is on you. No excuses.

They won by 20. The officiating couldn't be that bad to get tossed. This is strictly on the coach not Indiana basketball officiating. You get one T that's your warning. You get tossed that is on you. No excuses.

I agree fully with this. Have to be able to control yourself in those situations. He has made a living off of controlling the refs...I guess he doesn't like it when it doesn't work.