February 3, 20179 yr What did you guys really want the punishment to be? I'm wondering the same. Punishment is pretty significant IMO.
February 3, 20179 yr I'm wondering the same. Punishment is pretty significant IMO.I mean, it's not like this was some systemic issue from the top down. It was a rogue employee that took it upon himself to try and impress is bosses.
February 3, 20179 yr I'm wondering the same. Punishment is pretty significant IMO. If you follow baseball much, you'll know it's not much at all. Even the most mediocre players make $2 million. And 2 draft picks is nothing in baseball. Especially when it's not a first round pick. It's not like losing 2 picks in the NFL or NBA draft. The consensus amongst MLB folks is it's a light lick.
February 3, 20179 yr I mean, it's not like this was some systemic issue from the top down. It was a rogue employee that took it upon himself to try and impress is bosses. Do you really think that's true?
February 3, 20179 yr If you follow baseball much, you'll know it's not much at all. Even the most mediocre players make $2 million. And 2 draft picks is nothing in baseball. Especially when it's not a first round pick. It's not like losing 2 picks in the NFL or NBA draft. The consensus amongst MLB folks is it's a light lick. Losing your top two draft picks for something as trivial as what happened is pretty significant IMO.
February 3, 20179 yr Do you really think that's true?Unless I see evidence to the contrary I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to believe. I mean Correa has plead guilty and if read the possible punishment correctly he faces 25 years in prison and $1.25 million in fines. Not that he will get that or anywhere near that but would you go to prison for a day for your employer?
February 3, 20179 yr Author What did you guys really want the punishment to be? Expulsion to the Mexican League (AAA) or maybe the South Atlantic League (A) for say...ten seasons, that would have been fine with me.
February 3, 20179 yr Losing your top two draft picks for something as trivial as what happened is pretty significant IMO. It would have been more significant if they had specified that they be a first and second round pick. Instead, the Cardinals, knowing what would probably happen giving the CBA, signed Dexter Fowler and have up the first round pick that they would have lost. They also had to forfeit some of their pool money for signing international players--but they depleted that pretty well ahead of the penalty as well. They had a pretty good clue as to what was going to happen and did everything they could to soften the blow. That being said the jail term that Correa will serve should be enough to discourage this type of thing from happening.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.