Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

APOLLO...5-0???

Featured Replies

Apollo is now 4-0 as they head into week 5. They will host John Hardin this Friday night. After a 4-0 start, Apollo has to feel good about remaining unbeaten as they take on a VERY Mediocre John Hardin team. Who wins and why? :flame:

Who has Apollo played so far?

  • Author

Aug 18, '06 Hopkins County Central Hopkins County Central 21 - 7 (W)

Aug 25, '06 Madisonville-North Hopkins Apollo 13 - 0 (W)

Sep 1, '06 Owensboro Catholic Apollo 21 - 14 (W)

Sep 8, '06 Grayson County Grayson County 33 - 6 (W)

Sep 15, '06 John Hardin Apollo - 7:00 PM

Sep 22, '06 Daviess County Apollo - 7:30 PM

Sep 29, '06 Open Apollo -

Oct 6, '06 Evansville North, IN Evansville North, IN - 7:30 PM

Oct 13, '06 Henderson County Apollo - 7:30 PM

Oct 20, '06 Ohio County Ohio County - 7:30 PM

Oct 27, '06 Owensboro Owensboro - 7:00 PM

Schedule and scores last updated at Sep 8, 2006 11:04pm

Looks to me like their best win was over a 2A school. I would honestly pick John Hardin here, however my pick in this case could easily be way off.

I watched the JH / OHS game last week. I think that you are selling them short to call them very mediocre. They were only one play from getting back into the game. Personally I thought that they were a pretty good team, and I would not be surprised to see them beat Apollo. Apollo hasn't played anyone really good yet. Their opponets are only a combined 6-10.

  • Author
I watched the JH / OHS game last week. I think that you are selling them short to call them very mediocre. They were only one play from getting back into the game. Personally I thought that they were a pretty good team, and I would not be surprised to see them beat Apollo. Apollo hasn't played anyone really good yet. Their opponets are only a combined 6-10.

 

I'm not trying to disrespect anybody, but "good" teams don't lose to Owensboro and Larue County. John Hardin is just soft! :laugh:

Would like to see Apollo go to 5-0 but just don't see them beating John Hardin.

I'm not trying to disrespect anybody, but "good" teams don't lose to Owensboro and Larue County. John Hardin is just soft! :laugh:

 

So you are saying that Owensboro is not a good team?

  • Author
So you are saying that Owensboro is not a good team?

 

IMO, Yeah. From what I saw, they didn't have much of an offense against a poor JH defense. A defense which has given up nearly 85 points in 3 games. If it weren't for a punt return, boro would've been in a barnburner. OHS's defense wasn't tested Friday night against a one dimensional JH squad either.

Owensboros offense may be a bit suspect but they have a very strong defense and imo, are probably the favorite to come out rgn 1 district 2 this year..

If Apollo over looks John they will be in for a long night. Remember it is not how you start the season, but the adjustments made during the season. John made changes to the Defensive line against Owensboro, which to be honest shut down there offense. For a team ranked #6 in the state and at home I was not impress with the team as a whole. There Defense plays with alot of heart and for being undersized hit a ton.

John will need to open up the Offense a little at a time. Coach called a conservative game against Owenboro, but he did not put his young QB in any bad situations. I think the Defense will continue to improve with the Offensive opening things up, which will allow John to run the ball more effectively. As the season progresses John will rise to the top of there district and possiblily win it with the injury to North's QB.

 

John 28

Apollo 14

Apollo - 29

John Hardin - 17

  • Author
If Apollo over looks John they will be in for a long night. Remember it is not how you start the season, but the adjustments made during the season. John made changes to the Defensive line against Owensboro, which to be honest shut down there offense. For a team ranked #6 in the state and at home I was not impress with the team as a whole. There Defense plays with alot of heart and for being undersized hit a ton.

John will need to open up the Offense a little at a time. Coach called a conservative game against Owenboro, but he did not put his young QB in any bad situations. I think the Defense will continue to improve with the Offensive opening things up, which will allow John to run the ball more effectively. As the season progresses John will rise to the top of there district and possiblily win it with the injury to North's QB.

 

John 28

Apollo 14

 

I didn't know of any injury to Autrey. Does anyone know specifically what his injury is?

I didn't know of any injury to Autrey. Does anyone know specifically what his injury is?

 

The local paper (Sunday) said his ankle.

The local paper (Sunday) said his ankle.

 

Will he be out for the Henderson game? I don't suppose Terry hurt his ankle as well? :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.