Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class System

Featured Replies

Ok it's gripe time. Having just looked at the scores for the 6 football state championships, how can football justify that many classes and none for soccer. For goodness sake only one of them was even remotely close.

Because "American Football" needs special rules and as many chances to give out awards as possible. It is similar to participation trophies. Make sure everyone is awarded for something.

 

Soccer crowns a true champion.

 

:laugh:

No. Football fans have bemoaned the six class system, TRUST ME. It is basically the Trinity By-law.

 

As for classification in soccer and football, it is pure physics and injury potential. What is the average size discrepancy for players in high school soccer at, say, Calvary Christian and Daviess County? How much physical contact occurs during a game?

 

Now, what is the average size discrepancy b/n Trinity and Beechwood? How much physical contact occurs during the game? The actual competitive range is much greater in football than soccer in terms of physicality and size. It's a safety thing more than anything.

 

Additionally, at any time, member schools can approach the KHSAA to request classification. Nobody is stopping them as far as I know.

No. Football fans have bemoaned the six class system, TRUST ME. It is basically the Trinity By-law.

 

As for classification in soccer and football, it is pure physics and injury potential. What is the average size discrepancy for players in high school soccer at, say, Calvary Christian and Daviess County? How much physical contact occurs during a game?

 

Now, what is the average size discrepancy b/n Trinity and Beechwood? How much physical contact occurs during the game? The actual competitive range is much greater in football than soccer in terms of physicality and size. It's a safety thing more than anything.

 

Additionally, at any time, member schools can approach the KHSAA to request classification. Nobody is stopping them as far as I know.

 

Then why is Cross Country and track classed?

Then why is Cross Country and track classed?

 

I don't know?

B/c they requested it?

I don't know?

B/c they requested it?

 

I have no clue, but the physical reason does not apply here.

I have no clue, but the physical reason does not apply here.

 

I agree. I am only speaking about football.

I would think in soccer where you play 11 players, the size of the school would matter and be a reason for classes. The small schools that have football and soccer really have to search for kids I would think in one or both sports.

 

One help to soccer would be move it to Spring, but not much, because of baseball and track and how may kids you need for those. Even going to 2 or 3 classes would make sense in my mind.

I would think in soccer where you play 11 players, the size of the school would matter and be a reason for classes. The small schools that have football and soccer really have to search for kids I would think in one or both sports.

 

One help to soccer would be move it to Spring, but not much, because of baseball and track and how may kids you need for those. Even going to 2 or 3 classes would make sense in my mind.

 

I agree with this as well. My point was why football was classified and soccer could get away with it. If soccer decided to go to a class system, I could see it. Out of curiosity, b/c I don't know the #s , how do you classify it? Like track? 3 classes? 4 like football should be?

Maybe 2 classes work but remember there are some regions right now that have 4-5 teams only competing in the entire region.

I believe KHSAA looked into classifying all..most..sports a couple of years ago. I think it was a push led by HS baseball team to classify. Their reasoning was amount of pitchers available to 6A school vs 1A. Obviously classification did not pass.

one class system for sports like basketball and soccer crown a true champion.

 

In soccer their are many huge schools that are awful and many small schools that do very well.

 

Soccer has the All A tournament, that allows the small schools to have a shot.

Class system in soccer makes zero sense. The quality and depth are not there, and small schools can compete and often beat bigger schools every year. Look at Louisville Collegiate this year. They were one of the best in the state and rolled through the All A.

  • Author
Class system in soccer makes zero sense. The quality and depth are not there, and small schools can compete and often beat bigger schools every year. Look at Louisville Collegiate this year. They were one of the best in the state and rolled through the All A.

Then why do we have the All A tournament.

 

*runs and hides*

Then why do we have the All A tournament.

 

*runs and hides*

I think the All A this year just proves my point. Collegiate absolutely killed everyone. Just shows the quality and depth aren't there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.