John Hardin 36 Spencer County 22

Harry Doyle

what we are trying to say is JH has accumulated enough talent that these regional runs should occur. Combine that with a weak district and ditto. No one wannts coach fired, that's asinine; but he needs to take another step with the program. WE see the chinks in our armor that haven't been addressed all year long. I hope we continue to get better and win, but those regional runs are against some weak competition, with really good talent. He did a good job of adjusting last game so koodos for that

I remember people mashing Mark Brown when playing in a similar type district - region when he was coaching. It might have been an easier region when he was at John Hardin. Jtown was the region finalist most years if I remember correctly. They are not a football power by any means. I do remember the same people saying Mark Brown couldn't win the big one too. Dognation the talent at John Hardin is not the same talent of those juggernaut teams that accomplished the same feats. I have watched John Hardin over the years and the talent level isn't near now as what it was a few years back and the same results are occurring.

what we are trying to say is JH has accumulated enough talent that these regional runs should occur. Combine that with a weak district and ditto. No one wannts coach fired, that's asinine; but he needs to take another step with the program. WE see the chinks in our armor that haven't been addressed all year long. I hope we continue to get better and win, but those regional runs are against some weak competition, with really good talent. He did a good job of adjusting last game so koodos for that

Dognation,

Don't respond to this guy. He comes here every time JH wins and starts with his instigating about how everyone wants the JH coach fired, even though none of us have said that. We were highly critical of him and the team after they lost to North Hardin, who they should have beat, and he loves to use that. Not even worth anyone's time to respond to him.

I guess my point is no matter who is coaching at John it's not good enough. Is success only measured by winning "the big one?" I don't think so in my opinion.

At this point yes IMO. Sorry to say. They moved down to 4A and the next two years they have as much talent as they have had. Their program has been very successful the last decade and they have been to the title game in 2009. What else would you think could be measured as success? This isn't a team like two years ago when they had limited talent and were young and everyone was ecstatic when they played Graves in the state semifinals. They have real talent on this team.

Hoss-- so there wasn't a post after the North loss asking if the John Hardin Coach should be fired? Guess my memory is slipping. I think that was the title of the post.

No idea. Not from me. If I did say that I certainly don't remember saying that. If I did, then I need to go back to the doc and get another MRI for my TBI.

Not saying you said it. Just meaning there was a post about it. And it was started after the loss to North. And as many have said they shouldn't have lost to them and the season was tarnished since they did lose to North. But yet the last time they lost to North in season- they went to play in state semis..

Coach is gonna be alright, I don't want it to appear like everything is negative. But this illusion that there is some miraculous coaching job being done at JH...well it's just that, an illusion. John doesn't have the talent it used to have in Coach Browns years simply because we don't have the enrollment numbers in school. BUT there is still really good talent at the school, and they need to be more disciplined and held accountable more for them to take the next step forward.