2016 Gun Season

StrongSide

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Had a similar incident on our farm. Outside the ears was the rule. Wife's nephew shot a spike and was banned. He called my wife and she said, "Oh, honey, he wasn't joking, you won't be allowed back" :lol2:

Our rule is First (ever) Buck can be anything, after that, must be larger even or outside is the preferred minimum. If you not an "established" hunter or new to hunting, you get some latitude....does are always welcome

Our rule is First (ever) Buck can be anything, after that, must be larger even or outside is the preferred minimum. If you not an "established" hunter or new to hunting, you get some latitude....does are always welcome
Same. Youngsters don't count. This moron was 23.

Havnt gun hunted since 1988 ... Nothing against it just prefer hunting with a bow for deer ... My son took a nice 10 point opening day with my .243 rifle that i coyote hunt with .... He is the qb for nicholas county, which had a very hard hitting contest just the night before with the Raceland Rams ... We let him sleep until 3pm and he shot his deer at 4 pm ... I told him it doesn't get much easier than that .... His sisters turn now ... As far as my bow hunting I will just continue trudging thru gun season and beyond carrying the ol stick and string ... Been seeing a bunch of deer this fall and passed several really nice young bucks that are going to be studs ..just havnt had an opportunity at my shooters yet .... Starting to really push the does around .... Hope everyone gets the buck of a lifetime and always remember " a bad day huntin' is better than a good day workin' any day !!! Good luck to everyone and take a kid hunting no matter the weapon used !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This was probably one of the worst gun seasons I can remember. The rut activity was very limited and we saw very few bucks. The only decent buck I saw and passed on was shot by one of the guys I hunt with, which was frustrating but for another discussion. I guess the warmer temps had the deer kind of screwed up. Not sure if the rut started earlier or actually started later and is just now getting in full swing. I saw 2 smaller bucks chasing last weekend but none this past weekend.

Oh well, guess I'll have to see what I can get done with the bow.

This was probably one of the worst gun seasons I can remember. The rut activity was very limited and we saw very few bucks. The only decent buck I saw and passed on was shot by one of the guys I hunt with, which was frustrating but for another discussion. I guess the warmer temps had the deer kind of screwed up. Not sure if the rut started earlier or actually started later and is just now getting in full swing. I saw 2 smaller bucks chasing last weekend but none this past weekend.

Oh well, guess I'll have to see what I can get done with the bow.

I experienced the same thing as regards to the rut. Saw does with no bucks chasing or saw bucks just wandering around not chasing does. It's like the rut did not happen. I was disappointed too.

• 2 weeks later...

Buddy of mine came down to the farm. We both didn't get there till about 11. So we decided to have a few beers and catch up on things. Didn't go to bed till 2. Decided to sleep in. He went out for a few hours in the later morning and I cleaned the camper. Sometimes it's not about the hunt, its about the friendships that you have.

Buddy of mine came down to the farm. We both didn't get there till about 11. So we decided to have a few beers and catch up on things. Didn't go to bed till 2. Decided to sleep in. He went out for a few hours in the later morning and I cleaned the camper. Sometimes it's not about the hunt, its about the friendships that you have.

You go, brokeback mountain!

You go, brokeback mountain!

.....I was going to ask about my invite for this weekend....Cat ruined it for me forever....