Louisville at Boston College Predictions

Getslow

Who Wins and Why?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins and Why?

The Cardinals are coming off a last-minute victory against severe underdog Virginia while the Eagles' triumph over NC State last week was their first ACC win in two years.

This isn't quite the super-disciplined BC defense of the last few years, but they're not quite as bad on offense as they've been recently either.

Line currently at Louisville -25.

Louisville wins.

The margin of victory depends on how well they start.

I think that's been my take away from the Duke and Virginia games. If the offense sputters early, I think they hang their heads a little bit. It also prevents the defense from taking the types of chances that make them really dangerous when Grantham has the full package of blitzes at his disposal.

Louisville's the kind of team that really plays that snowball effect well when they can get moving downhill. Score fast, get the defense out to pressure you heavily to either turn the ball over or make mistakes toward an early punt, then get the offense out and score again. Florida State and NC State are what happens when this is all going right.

Duke and Virginia are the flip side.

It's a testament to Lamar Jackson and this defense that they won those two games when so much of it went so wrong.

I think Lamar still looks for the home run too often. There are many times when the underneath routes are wide open and he throws over them looking for a bigger play. Once he gets used to looking for check downs and shorter routes, this offense will be damn near impossible to stop.

I think Lamar still looks for the home run too often. There are many times when the underneath routes are wide open and he throws over them looking for a bigger play. Once he gets used to looking for check downs and shorter routes, this offense will be damn near impossible to stop.

Lamar checking down for Seth Dawkins could be the new Teddy checking down to Eli Rodgers next year.

Lamar checking down for Seth Dawkins could be the new Teddy checking down to Eli Rodgers next year.

That Dawkins kid... Man has he looked promising in his showings the past few weeks. I think it was the NC State game where he somewhat came out of nowhere.

That Dawkins kid... Man has he looked promising in his showings the past few weeks. I think it was the NC State game where he somewhat came out of nowhere.

If memory serves, he was recruited to play safety, but Petrino and the offense got hold of him early this summer. Obviously Jawon Pass and Dez Fitzpatrick got all the recruiting hubbub last year, but I don't think he was rated too far behind them.

If memory serves, he was recruited to play safety, but Petrino and the offense got hold of him early this summer. Obviously Juwon Pass and Dez Fitzpatrick got all the recruiting hubbub last year, but I don't think he was rated too far behind them.

Somehow I had forgotten about Dez. Man, they are going to be loaded on offense again next year.

Somehow I had forgotten about Dez. Man, they are going to be loaded on offense again next year.

Yeah Louisville's in a nice place when we've got our top recruits sitting out redshirt years.

That to me is one of those things that lets me know Louisville's playing at a different level than we're used to.

Louisville is still the scariest team in the county to me. They can end the game in the first quarter. Alabama has a great defense and while their offense has been getting better, they aren't going to put teams away offensively. They usually don't put teams away until that patented defensive score comes along. As an Ohio State fan I would rather play Alabama right now than Louisville. Just my $.02.

Yeah Louisville's in a nice place when we've got our top recruits sitting out redshirt years.

That to me is one of those things that lets me know Louisville's playing at a different level than we're used to.

That is a great way to put it into perspective.