Bracken County/Ludlow Predictions

LVGambla32

Bracken Co./Ludlow Predictions  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Bracken Co./Ludlow Predictions

There is caution in this trap game for BC to take note. Ludlow was wounded by Brossart's thrashing and has spiraled backwards with a beatdown by Beechwood and then embarrassed in their longstanding rivalry with fellow rivertown, Bellevue. The Panthers have a lot of pride and will not go down easily as they try to gain some positives going into playoffs.

On the otherhand, BC has just celebrated the greatest turn around to a football program in just two years. A three-way tie for the District championship leaves the seeding up in the air. Understand the Bears had a major special teams error to put them down by 7 late, and yet they overcame that obstacle to pull out the victory. The successful 2pt conversion was a confident call by a gutsy coach that has led the Bears and his staff to previously unaccomplished heights.

If Polar Bears keep their hats on straight, they should take care of business. If they overlook the Panthers, Blackburn will make them pay and the bus ride back from another rivertown loss will be long.

Would someone check my math. According to KHSAA website, when three teams are tied, such as Bracken...Nicholas...and Brossart, the seeding tie-breaker in this case goes to the team earning the most points for victories over non-tied opponents. A point is earned for the # victories for their 4 highest opponents number of wins.

In this case, I see through 9 games....Nicholas with 19 points for wins over Bethlem (6 wins), Paris (4), West Carter (5), and Paris (4).

Brossart with 12 points for victories over Ludlow (3), Paris (4), Bellevue (3), and Dayton (2).

Bracken Co. with 17 points with wins over Harlan (6), Paris (4), Bath Co. (4), and Bellevue (3).

Not sure if next week's results can make any dramatic change (just too much work); but, if I have no blunders above, today Nicholas earns the #1 seed for playoffs; Bracken #2; and Brossart #3.

Edited by Oldercoach

Would someone check my math. According to KHSAA website, when three teams are tied, such as Bracken...Nicholas...and Brossart, the seeding tie-breaker in this case goes to the team earning the most points for victories over non-tied opponents. A point is earned for the # victories for their 4 highest opponents number of wins.

In this case, I see through 9 games....Nicholas with 19 points for wins over Bethlem (6 wins), Paris (4), West Carter (5), and Paris (4).

Brossart with 12 points for victories over Ludlow (3), Paris (4), Bellevue (3), and Dayton (2).

Biggest implication for BC here is the record for most wins in school history. They broke it last night with #7

Bracken Co. with 17 points with wins over Harlan (6), Paris (4), Bath Co. (4), and Bellevue (3).

Not sure if next week's results can make any dramatic change (just too much work); but, if I have no blunders above, today Nicholas earns the #1 seed for playoffs; Bracken #2; and Brossart #3.

Brackens 3 points are for a win over Switzerland Co.

But other than that you are right!

Very surprised after 28 hours on this thread, no Polar Bear Nation posting on this site. That worries me a lot. Are alumni, parents, supporters on BGP falling into this "trap game?" Would not be good to lose the momentum by overlooking Blackburn and the Panthers. An unexpected loss could happen very easily by a football program new to success! Coach Sizemore needs parental help now more than congratulating your kids. Go Bears! Finish with all you got! Trust me, it is the momentum generated from the Ludlow game you will remember carrying you into what happens in the playoffs.

Just calm down oldercoach it's Sunday. We are watching the NFL and some of us are getting ready for the return episode of TWD. Let the kids enjoy their victory from Friday night. Starting tomorrow they will shift focus to Ludlow. I'm positive the staff are going to have a solid plan to put in place and will be telling the boys all week to take this one game at a time so to snuff out any thoughts of a trap game.

Just a reminder that game will start at 7 next Friday night wil 0-0 score and around 7:20 on the clock in the first quarter. It's a make up from a game that was postponed due to severe weather. Supposedly no admission for this on so if you can make it out it will be free football:thumb:

Just calm down oldercoach it's Sunday. We are watching the NFL and some of us are getting ready for the return episode of TWD. Let the kids enjoy their victory from Friday night. Starting tomorrow they will shift focus to Ludlow. I'm positive the staff are going to have a solid plan to put in place and will be telling the boys all week to take this one game at a time so to snuff out any thoughts of a trap game.

Just a reminder that game will start at 7 next Friday night wil 0-0 score and around 7:20 on the clock in the first quarter. It's a make up from a game that was postponed due to severe weather. bSupposedly no admission for this on so if you can make it out it will be free football:thum:

You've made my day, will be there for sure. Where exactly is Ludlow's field?

How do you do this? Does the ball, down and stats all begin exactly where the game was? As a 70 year old football guy, never experienced a 7 week time out before!

Ya. That early in the game I think I'd just choose to start over!

It's about as quick to go up 471 to Cincy take the 1st exit once you cross the bridge (I think) get on 75 south and take first exit once ya get back into Covington then idk the street names lol but it's down by the river behind the school next to the softball field

It's about as quick to go up 471 to Cincy take the 1st exit once you cross the bridge (I think) get on 75 south and take first exit once ya get back into Covington then idk the street names lol but it's down by the river behind the school next to the softball field

I googled directions and it's as simple as stay on the AA to Ft.Wright, didn't know you could do that without getting on 275 or 75, only says an hours drive this way though, maybe someone will post something for Dummies that need Directions.