JV Regional

mexitucky

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very definition of "bothways" (who actually has a very definite opinion, though), as does OTB in contradiction to the post I quoted. This discussion is starting to get confusing so I think I'll stick with the prediction part of it.

Ryle takes this tourney and Cov Cath finishes second.

Ryle v Highlands in, what I predict will be a semi, will be fun to watch. Sets of old club teammates playing against each other. Too bad it has to be on such a small field.

Ryle v Highlands in, what I predict will be a semi, will be fun to watch. Sets of old club teammates playing against each other. Too bad it has to be on such a small field.

I'm not sure I see the fields as being ridiculously small like people are saying. When you get right down to it you probably have anywhere from u14 up to u17 players playing on the field at any given time. Yes these are smaller fields than most full sized high school fields but they aren't that bad. Heck I can remember soccerama being held there in the past.

I believe CCH has won this tournament two straight years. Until someone takes it away from them, I'm sticking with them.

CCH beats HHS in finals, don't know enough about either to make a score prediction.

CCH JV is offensively challenged to be honest and I don't see them winning or possibly even making the finals. They beat a not very good Brossart team 5-0 in the first game last Friday and face NCC tomorrow.

I'm not sure I see the fields as being ridiculously small like people are saying. When you get right down to it you probably have anywhere from u14 up to u17 players playing on the field at any given time. Yes these are smaller fields than most full sized high school fields but they aren't that bad. Heck I can remember soccerama being held there in the past.

They are too short. When a goalie can punt it box to box without wind, that is an issue.

I believe CCH has won this tournament two straight years. Until someone takes it away from them, I'm sticking with them.

CCH beats HHS in finals, don't know enough about either to make a score prediction.

I hope that HHS makes the final. That would give me something to do on Saturday before Clemson and UofL play. If they beat Ryle, that would be awesome. Ryle is very talented at all outfield levels.

They are too short. When a goalie can punt it box to box without wind, that is an issue.

I don't disagree that the fields are too short for kids this age but it's been this way for a long time and they just have to deal with it unless and until a better solution comes along.

It's still soccer and the fields are not much different than Coopers size wise, which they will be playing districts on.

Good point!! I believe that Cooper measures about 110X55, Boone and Conner would also be very close to these dimensions and are also used for districts every 4th year.

I believe that the smaller fields at T&C are around 100X60, if this is correct, they would be shorter than the length at SK but about the same width.