Conner 27 Newport Central Catholic 14

Lawnboy13

This is just my observation as a neutral fan from watching video of Henschen the past couple years.

Hopefully this is not taken as downing the kid, but just my pure honest assessment of what I have seen:

Henschen looks the part of a D-1 QB. Elite height, good build and sturdy, looks good delivering the football. I think his best attribute is that despite this size and build he actually has very good mobility and first step quickness to scramble. For a true drop Pro-Style Offense this could be a very valuable resource. I like that he shows flashes of brilliance. He has shown the ability to improvise plays or to check down receivers to an open man. Last year at this time I would say he has an issue with locking on to receivers too long, but he has shown great improvement in that capacity as well. Pretty accurate on short and intermediate passes when given time.

By far my biggest critique is that he really seems to struggle with pressure directly in his face. He isn't bad with pressure off the edges, and often makes a great decision to scramble, but when an interior linemen or LB can bring pressure directly in his face he has struggled mightily. When feeling heat his accuracy dramatically falls off and I haven't see very many plays where he delivers a perfect strike while being he is either getting hit or about to be hit. I question his deep ball accuracy as well. When his man is wide open he typically will hit his throw, but when it comes to throwing a receiver open down field or dropping a pass into his receiver with Safety looming, he seems to lack confidence. Not what I would consider a powerful arm overall, but also not what I would consider a deficiency. I would just his arm strength as slightly above average for a true pocket passer.

All in all I don't see Henschen having the tools to play at a high level (Power 5 or strong Mid Major) of FBS where he would be asked to see elite level defensive lines or potentially be game planned where he is asked to make deep and difficult throws. I do think that with his size and mobility he would definitely fit in at the FCS Level in the right offensive system. I could potentially see him playing at the low end level of FBS at a MAC or Sun Belt type of school if given the right fit and after two or three years of development with the right kind of QB Coach.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a NCC fan by any means but GAWD!!!! Kelly will be THE stud running back in NKY by his Senior year. I saw this kid in the NKYFL and he was unstoppable. He hasn't missed a beat. NCC #1 and HC #2 in NKY 2A this year.

So where do you put Lloyd? The Juggs held Beechwood to less than 30 yards rushing and zero offensive touchdowns. The Tigers hung 40 points on HC.

I have seen Pat with my owe 4 eye's he can leap. Saw him standing flat footed and dunk and also do a 360 flat footed. The young man is an athlete and his speed is very

deceptive, now back to football. From the rumor mill the Bravard player from Highlands has quite the team not sure why, hopefully not true, what a shame he would have been a great asset to the team and Kole Carmack will be back for the HC game.

Well Saturday night was another disappointing night for the BREDS, no disrespect to anyone but they should have won that game the boys just seemed to be flat and not into it and for the play calling, well, you should know by now what will be said, so I'm trying to be positive about it so I went online to YOUTUBE and looked up some previous game footage when Eddie was coaching up on the hill (2 state championship's in 3 year's) and I have to say this OC hasn't got a clue. The defenses where on their heels and if you think I'm wrong feel free to look it up. It's been said by many that this team has what it takes to get it done, many weapon's, maybe they are just as frustrated as the fan's. I just hope they can get it together and make it to BG again and bring back a title!!!!! GO BREDS

I have seen Pat with my owe 4 eye's he can leap. Saw him standing flat footed and dunk and also do a 360 flat footed. The young man is an athlete and his speed is very

deceptive, now back to football. From the rumor mill the Bravard player from Highlands has quite the team not sure why, hopefully not true, what a shame he would have been a great asset to the team and Kole Carmack will be back for the HC game.

Well Saturday night was another disappointing night for the BREDS, no disrespect to anyone but they should have won that game the boys just seemed to be flat and not into it and for the play calling, well, you should know by now what will be said, so I'm trying to be positive about it so I went online to YOUTUBE and looked up some previous game footage when Eddie was coaching up on the hill (2 state championship's in 3 year's) and I have to say this OC hasn't got a clue. The defenses where on their heels and if you think I'm wrong feel free to look it up. It's been said by many that this team has what it takes to get it done, many weapon's, maybe they are just as frustrated as the fan's. I just hope they can get it together and make it to BG again and bring back a title!!!!! GO BREDS

Bravard has returned to Highlands And you are so correct about the OC. I know of many on the team that are frustrated, as are the parents and fans. To see the potential that this team has, be run right up the middle every other play or so is disheartening.

I had no idea another Kelly was in the pipeline for the Breds. It's going to be fun watching him develop over the next 2.5 seasons. How many Kelly's have been the Bred winner of the NCC backfield over the years?

4 RBs, including Kyle. Sean, the oldest, was a WR on the State Runner-ups in 2000 and 2001. If he doesn't sprain his ankle in the semis, NewCath beats Danville that year, IMO. He's one of the schools All Time leading receivers.

4 RBs, including Kyle. Sean, the oldest, was a WR on the State Runner-ups in 2000 and 2001. If he doesn't sprain his ankle in the semis, NewCath beats Danville that year, IMO. He's one of the schools All Time leading receivers.

I love a quality legacy.

You would think getting about 4 fumble recoveries they would have won.