Bluegrasspreps' Class 3A Rankings - Discussion (9-19)

Ram

Class 3A

1. Belfry at Knoxville Catholic (TN)

2. Corbin vs. 2A #1 Mayfield (at Lindsey Wilson College)

3. Lexington Catholic vs. 6A #10 Cooper

4. Caldwell County vs. Paducah Tilghman

5. Boyle County vs. 5A Lincoln County

6. Central vs. #8 Waggener

7. Bardstown at Henry County

8. Waggener at #6 Central

9. Russell vs. West Carter

10. Garrard County vs. 2A #10 Lloyd Memorial

Belfry looks like they unbeatable, are they? Corbin has a big game and a chance to make a big statement this week, what will we learn from that matchup? Could Boyle County move up further this week? Where does Russell belong? Who could move into the Top 10 this week? Who could move out?

Waggener v. Central is huge.

Yes it is... that Region is going to be the biggest drama in Class 3A.

Each District has three teams that wouldn't shock me to see win Region 2... 6 of 3A's Top 10 teams in the same region and as of now not sure I see more than 10-14 points separation between them on paper.

Boyle has Lincoln this Friday which should be a win....then a week off prior to District play.

Time to see what we're made of....

IMO, Boyle County will handle Lincoln County by a running clock. Then they have Garrard County who has a solid team but I think Boyle County wins that by 3 TD'S. Then it's off to Lexington Catholic which is where you make your money.

With all that said, I think Boyle County is in the right spot ranking wise.

Waggener v. Central is huge.

I know Waggener has the talent to play this year, but do they have the attitude/drive/culture to win? We all know how much a factor things like that can be when you get teams who haven't had the same levels of success.

Should be a good game, regardless. And I think we should know a lot more about both teams.

I know Waggener has the talent to play this year, but do they have the attitude/drive/culture to win? We all know how much a factor things like that can be when you get teams who haven't had the same levels of success.

Should be a good game, regardless. And I think we should know a lot more about both teams.

It is one of the very few times I can actually look and say that the 3A team Central is playing appears to have more speed, playmakers, and shear talent.

To your point though I still side with Central as the favorite until Waggener steps up and prove they can win. Waggener is vulnerable at the LOS and even if his team is undersized Scroggins will have them competing at the LOS for sure