Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings - Discussion (9-19)

Ram

Class 1A

1. Russellville at 2A Murray

2. Paintsville at 4A Bourbon County

3. Raceland at Portsmouth West (OH)

4. Beechwood at 2A #9 Covington Holy Cross

5. Pikeville at South Floyd

6. Nicholas County vs. Bishop Brossart

7. Hazard at Jenkins

8. Fairview at 2A #7 Lexington Christian

9. Kentucky Country Day at 3A Adair County

10. Louisville Holy Cross at 5A Grant County

Russellville remains number one. Is Beechwood too low? Does Paintsville deserve the number two spot? Who is in the discussion for the number 11-15 spot? Who is ready to move into the Top 10? Who could move out this week?

I honestly think between 1 and 4 we're splitting hairs. Pikeville is clearly 5 at the moment but might very well end up taking another trip to BG. I would probably have Hazard above Nicholas County even with their win against West Carter. Great Job!

Beechwood loses on the road to the #2 5A school and they drop a couple places. Dose not seem right. JMO

Normally I would agree. But I don't think Beechwood produced any offense against Cov Cath. That could be the logic or not who knows...

Beechwood loses on the road to the #2 5A school and they drop a couple places. Dose not seem right. JMO

Normally I would agree. But I don't think Beechwood produced any offense against Cov Cath. That could be the logic or not who knows...

Both arguments are good ones. Beechwood only trailed 10-3 at halftime. But the second half was not good for Beechwood and they did struggle on offense all night. Both Paintsville and Raceland are undefeated against good schedules so that is also a factor. The Beechwood offense needs to show they can compete against a tough defense when they face Covington Holy Cross this week.

Both arguments are good ones. Beechwood only trailed 10-3 at halftime. But the second half was not good for Beechwood and they did struggle on offense all night. Both Paintsville and Raceland are undefeated against good schedules so that is also a factor. The Beechwood offense needs to show they can compete against a tough defense when they face Covington Holy Cross this week.

I know this is one of the better years for teams to try to beat Beechwood because they probably will not be many like this one.