Kentucky Country Day 2016/2017

On the plus side, Kentucky Country Day returns one of the best players in the Seventh Region (and in the state) in point guard Anthony Mathis, who averaged 21 points last year. On the downside, KCD loses Colin Ferguson, a high quality player who also averaged 21 points last year. One of the keys will be who will be able to help fill the scoring void created by Ferguson's departure. I think the most likely to do that is Solomon Mathis, who I believe is a relative of Anthony's, who averaged 6 ppg last season (third highest on the team). The other returning player of note is Hayden Kraus, who averaged 5 points last year. I don't know of any new players KCD may be adding this year, either as freshmen or through the transfer process. Based on what they have returning, I suspect that KCD will continue to be better than the small schools they have traditionally played but may have limited success against the larger schools they have added to their schedule. That being said, I do not want to underestimate Anthony Mathis and what he might achieve this year.