November 22, 200619 yr You are off base. NKY high schools have designated by the Diocese feeder grade schools but you can still attend any private high school you want. Plus Latin and Villa have no designated feeder schools as they offer a different academic program. You may have to pay an out of district tuition rate if you attend a grade school/parish and then attend a high school not designated as your feeder's receiver. There have been many students attend high schools not in "their district" because of various reasons and some of them have nothing to do with athletics. For example, some girls living in Campbell County attend Notre Dame in Kenton County because the Mom, Aunts, and Grandmother went there and they want a single-sex education for their daughter. Under the "proposed KHSAA rules" any Catholic grade school student from anywhere in the Diocese could attend any Catholic high school in the Diocese without sitting out a year because the entire Diocese is considered one school system. Thank you for the information. I remembered something about you couldn't just do it and waffled between not being allowed and paying an out of district tuition. :thumb:
November 23, 200619 yr Not at all. You and I both know that one of these 2 students going from Frankfort to Catholic couldn't afford tuition and most certainly couldn't have passed the test to get in coming from the 8th grade.I can't say that I know absolutely for sure, but let me say I will not comment in the interest of sticking with the rules.
November 24, 200619 yr The KHSAA has fined Elizabethtown High School $6,000 and put its athletic program on probation for one year for a rules violation involving an ineligible player on the boys' basketball team last season. The school has 15 days to appeal the fine and punishment. Gee, and I thought only the Private School were the ones who cheated....
November 25, 200619 yr The KHSAA has fined Elizabethtown High School $6,000 and put its athletic program on probation for one year for a rules violation involving an ineligible player on the boys' basketball team last season. The school has 15 days to appeal the fine and punishment. Gee, and I thought only the Private School were the ones who cheated.... No, No. Both sides do it..
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.