Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Florio of PFT having trouble getting his facts straight

Featured Replies

“You have people that practice law and our lawyers and go to school for eight years, but you can become a cop in six months and don’t have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist. That’s insane. Someone that’s holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us.”

 

It was an eye-opening claim, one that I had decided on Monday to research: In California, where Kaepernick lives and works, does a cosmetologist have more training than a police officer?

 

Before I could actually start the project, I received the letter to the 49ers and the NFL from the San Francisco Police Officers Association, and I noticed that the wide-ranging response to Kaepernick’s assertions did not include a challenge to his facts regarding police versus cosmetology training. Which told me that Kaepernick was factually correct; otherwise, the SFPOA would have pointed it out.

 

Indeed, he was correct. Police officers in California must attend (either before being hired or upon hire) an 888-hour Basic Police Academy, which requires roughly six months to complete. Cosmetologists in California have a 1,600-hour training requirement before they can even take the test required to secure a license.

 

Rumor Mill | ProFootballTalk

  • Author

What about Field Training Mike?

 

I mean come on man, you claim you are a lawyer, even the dumb lawyers are up on basic police officer training.

 

And to help you out, yes, the Academy is a prerequisite for an opportunity for a police career. The Field Training Program is "everything."

  • Author

But I agree with the larger point that Police Officers need to be trained better and they definitely need to be paid better.

In fairness, it takes 3 minutes to be trained to cut my hair.

  • Author
In fairness, it takes 3 minutes to be trained to cut my hair.

 

I know right, just rub in the Nair.

 

All kidding aside, what the heck takes so long in Cosmo school? Anyone with insight here? Sounds a little scamish to me.

I know right, just rub in the Nair.

 

All kidding aside, what the heck takes so long in Cosmo school? Anyone with insight here? Sounds a little scamish to me.

 

There's a whole heck of a lot of hairstyles to master...

  • Author
There's a whole heck of a lot of hairstyles to master...

 

If you can cut a good flat top you can do it all.

 

If a flat top is off by a 16th of an inch it looks like a turd in a punch bowl, a 16th of an inch on any other cut is undetectable.

^Nah, it's color and all that jazz that takes the most time. That's my guess.

 

As for the police officers, the training I've witnessed first hand with the KSP, it's ongoing. Situational, and intense. So, I agree that for the most part it sells the officers short. But that's part of the narrative now isn't it?

  • Author
^Nah, it's color and all that jazz that takes the most time. That's my guess.

 

As for the police officers, the training I've witnessed first hand with the KSP, it's ongoing. Situational, and intense. So, I agree that for the most part it sells the officers short. But that's part of the narrative now isn't it?

 

Our training was non-stop. Florio knows that, this was a really lazy piece by him.

 

I will give everyone an example of the magnitude of our training. We were regularly trained on how to kill people with our weak hand.

What about Field Training Mike?

 

I mean come on man, you claim you are a lawyer, even the dumb lawyers are up on basic police officer training.

 

And to help you out, yes, the Academy is a prerequisite for an opportunity for a police career. The Field Training Program is "everything."

 

I'll play Devil's advocate again and ask, are you are a sworn officer with all of the authority that entails before you begin field training?

 

FWIW I think it's a hair-splitting point either way.

  • Author
I'll play Devil's advocate again and ask, are you are a sworn officer with all of the authority that entails before you begin field training?

 

FWIW I think it's a hair-splitting point either way.

 

You are Habib.

 

However, you are not allowed to do anything without your Field Training Officer holding your hand. I mean up your behind with a microscope. Very intense training.

 

And after all, we talkin' bout training...

  • Author
What does this have to do with the NFL?

 

It all revolves around a backup quality NFL QB.

  • Author
Colin Kaepernick said the quote that starts the OP.

 

It's a square peg round hole thing, it's never going to change.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.