Male 56 Hopkinsville 7

H

Final

Male scored first (7-0), then Hopkinsville knotted it at 7. All Bulldogs after that. It was 42-7 at halftime.

Great win on the road for Male. Next up: Seneca Redskins, er 'hawks.

Poor showing for Hopkinsville. A Hoptown team that several experts claimed to be faster, more athletic, and stronger than the year before didn't get much done tonight. Congrats to Male for going on a long road trip and completely handling the Tigers.

This years Hoptown team is faster then last years team. I do KNOW that!!! I'll wait to judge the Tigers in a few weeks when they got everyone back. Last year Hoptown opend the season with a lopsided loss and some of the experts when on their rants of Hoptown was no good and Dixie Jones wasn't the right hire and blah blah blah.

E.T. played 2 plays in the 2nd half before being taken out. QB Chris Thomas had 5 dropped balls. When Antwain Loving returns he'll give Hoptown that deep threat at WR and a WR that will take it over the middle. No shame in this loss. Everybody knew Male was ahead of Hoptown at this point of the season.

The staff isn't going to throw in the towel just yet but please go ahead and pass judgment after tonights showing.

Best athlete in the state. Looked better then Anderson did last week in my opinion. Elusive runner that's hits the hole with a burst.

Why did they take out Taylor? Was he hurt or were they trying to avoid getting him hurt in a blow out?

I would have like to have seen this game just to see Taylor and Beaumont.

Why did they take out Taylor? Was he hurt or were they trying to avoid getting him hurt in a blow out?

I would have like to have seen this game just to see Taylor and Beaumont.

E.T. was taken out to avoid injury. Taylor has a injured shoulder but tonight ran hard. A youthful Hoptown O-Line had trouble with the Male Confusion/Junkyard defense. OG Will Beville a senior for Hoptown I thought played well. Hoptown had only 1 pass option it seemed all night and it was the fade. Few times it was there but the WR couldn't hold on. 2 times the fly was open but fell incomplete. The Male defense was on top of the Hoptown QB's quick.

Male looked in midseason form and Hopkinsville looked like it was their opening scrimmage. The Tigers O-Line will get a challenge in 2 weeks when Memphis Ridgeway comes to town. Ridgeway brings in 2 stud D1 DE's and a RB that Coach Cooley calls the best he's ever had. By then Antwain Loving should be availble and probably OT T.J. Shephard.

Word has it that Hopkinsville's offensive line is really struggling right now. The Tigers are usually fine by October, and I expect they will be again. Not playing last week and facing a team that had didn't help, especially when you're shorthanded and the opponent might be the most talented team in the state.

Word has it that Hopkinsville's offensive line is really struggling right now. The Tigers are usually fine by October, and I expect they will be again. Not playing last week and facing a team that had didn't help, especially when you're shorthanded and the opponent might be the most talented team in the state.

Tonight the O-Line started 3 kids that didn't start last year. 2 of them saw no action a year ago. They are also without starting OT 6'4 250 T.J. Shephard but could return this week or the next. This O-Line has more upside then last years and more athleticsm.

Going in Hoptown knew they would need a few breaks. Male fumbled twice tonight and got both back. Hoptown fumbled twice and lost both. Key play was when Chris Thomas fumbed the KO after Male's 2nd TD with the score

14-7. It gave Male the short field and looked like a shark smelling blood in the water. After that the Tigers could get nothing consistent going.

Does anybody have the game stats? The Louisville Courier-Journal just printed the scoring summary and the Hopkinsville paper requires a password to access the online article.

Many thanks.

Does anybody have the game stats? The Louisville Courier-Journal just printed the scoring summary and the Hopkinsville paper requires a password to access the online article.

Many thanks.

Don't know the exacts:

Hoptown completed 3/13 passes for 13 yards. (5 dropped balls)

Male was 8/11 passing

Male well over 300 yards of offense on I think 59 plays.

Hoptown 140 total yards

Hoptown 3 turnovers. Male 1 turnover

QB Chris Thomas (Hopkinsville) rushed for 102 yards.

Don't know the exacts:

Hoptown completed 3/13 passes for 13 yards. (5 dropped balls)

Male was 8/11 passing

Male well over 300 yards of offense on I think 59 plays.

Hoptown 140 total yards

Hoptown 3 turnovers. Male 1 turnover

QB Chris Thomas (Hopkinsville) rushed for 102 yards.

Why did Hoptown put back in their QB after getting hurt in the first half and not returning until being down by 40+ points? He was obviously in pain and was hobbling around on the field and sidelines. It just worried me about possibly injurying himself more.

Beaumont had 100 yards in the first quarter alone. He was very shifty, and elusive, but credit needs to go to the Male offensive line; I could have driven my Jeep through a lot of the holes Beaumont was running through.

I do not necessarily mean this as a criticism, but with all the times I have seen both Male and Hoptown play, I have still yet to figure out why they both run unconventional plays and formations year-in and year-out.