Mayfield 48 Marshall County 7

Toothpick

Good Saturday morning all!!!

I got to spend 7:20 minutes at Mayfield's War Memorial Stadium in a game that ended at 12:16 AM in Saturday morning.

In a rain steady rain Mayfield managed 3 fumbles and 2 int's though one of the picks was a result of the conditions. Mayfield had 423 yard of offense and Marshall County a little over 200. MF QB Arnett threw 3 TD's and Trajon Bright rushed for 2, one a 54ish yard run. Bright saw limited action in the second half due to a large lead and the wet conditions.

Props to the kids on both teams for getting through this nightmare. 2nd half was played with more spirit and fight than I would have expected given the circumstances. MC appears to be headed in the right direction. I'm proud of the work MF did in the trenches. Clean up the penalties and this MF squad could be scary good.

Both coaches agreed that they were gonna wait it out until 11:00 as long as there was no more lightning strikes past then. It did stop, then after the 30 min delay the 2nd half started around 11:30. About a 2 and a half hour delay. Given those circumstances I thought we did a pretty good job finishing the game especially with a very wet field.

That was the last game between these 2 teams for now and I thought Marshall looked really good compared to the last 2 or 3 seasons. Hopefully the coach has them going in the right direction.

TEAM STATISTICSMarshall County -

First downs: 14.

Rushing attempts-yards: 49-170.

Passing-yards:52.

Total yards: 232.

Penalties-yards:13-82

Fumbles-lost: 1-0.

Mayfield - First downs: 11

Rushing attempts-yards: 32-235

Passingyards:217.

Total yards: 452.

Penaltiesyards:9-80.

Fumbles-lost: 2-1.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS

Rushing: MC-Mason Green 20-74,Dalton Nelson 14-53, Austin Riley12-44, Blaine Bizzle 1-4, Skyler Smith2-(-5);

Mayfield-Trajon Bright 14-153,Shauntrez Tyler 13-55, Landon Arnett5-27.

Passing: MC-Skyler Smith 3-24-52, 0TD, 1 int;

Mayfield-Landon Arnett 9-15-217, 3 TD, 2 int.

Receiving: MC-Tristan Prange 1-4,Grant Utley 1-42, Lucas Forsythe 1-16;

Mayfield-Anton Lumson 3-65, Trey Matthews1-6, Alonzo Daniels 1-10, TrajonBright 1-5, Jack Murrell 2-58, JordanHarrison 1-73.