Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Volleyball Admissions

Featured Replies

I believe that refs now make $30.00 each. I am sure for some games it is easy money, but for others, not so easy. When reffing a close game between two great teams a bad call can win or lose a game. There is a certain level of pressure there. I also have seen refs take a lot of verbal abuse from fans. Is it physically as hard as football or basketball ? No, but I wouldnt want to do it.

I believe that refs now make $30.00 each. I am sure for some games it is easy money, but for others, not so easy. When reffing a close game between two great teams a bad call can win or lose a game. There is a certain level of pressure there. I also have seen refs take a lot of verbal abuse from fans. Is it physically as hard as football or basketball ? No, but I wouldnt want to do it.

 

All sports have close plays where one bad call can win or lose a game.

 

My point is that there don't seem to be as many debates, rule interpretations, or simply number of rules and most of the calls are subjective in nature .

 

Assuming one person was qualified to ref all sports, that person would have the easiest job in reffing volleyball.

 

Note: That takes nothing away from the sport. Its a great sport to watch and play. I'm simply commenting on the issue of pay vs how hard the job is compared to other sports.

  • Author
All sports have close plays where one bad call can win or lose a game.

 

My point is that there don't seem to be as many debates, rule interpretations, or simply number of rules and most of the calls are subjective in nature .

 

Assuming one person was qualified to ref all sports, that person would have the easiest job in reffing volleyball.

 

Note: That takes nothing away from the sport. Its a great sport to watch and play. I'm simply commenting on the issue of pay vs how hard the job is compared to other sports.

 

 

Your point is well taken and from a physical standpoint your right.The sad part of the the whole thing is there arent a handful of good VB ref's out there which makes it even worse.Just watching 5 matches this year the missed calls have been unbelievable and like someone said i still wouldnt do it. Because there are alot of subjective calls in VB.

There are many subjective calls which may account for the "missed calls"

All refs ref a little different...true there are not many excellent refs in NKY....I know of many coaches that let our a sigh of relief when they see one of the few walk through the door. The reffing situation is just another reason that any team can win on any given night. I do believe they earn their money though....its a long night, watching many many small details...each year watching for more with rule changes.

I believe it is only 4 dollars to get into a Somerset volleyball game. Which is still a little high to watch volleyball.

Still $3.00 for a regular season game at Southwestern. The Refs get i believe (Don't Quote me but I'll find out tomorrow) and there are a huge number of missed calls....More missed calls in VB than any other sport there i think...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.