Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fleming County changes districts

Featured Replies

This leaves 3 games for Russell to pick up next year. Raceland, Fairview and Wheelersburg?????

Wheelersburg, I hope. I would like to see Cabel Midland and Spring Valley fill the other 2.

As a Panther fan, I do have mixed feelings about the move, as do many Fleming County fans. On the positive side, it does give Fleming an almost lock on a home field first round playoff game every year. It makes scheduling pretty easy based on Fleming staying in the EKC. I know Fleming wants to keep Mason on the schedule, and with EKC commitments, I would venture a guess that Lewis, at least 1 Carter school, and Nicholas will remain on the schedule. I would like to see both Carter schools on the schedule, maybe a Morgan and Russell, but I don't see that happening.

 

On the negative side, we are going to have to travel some distances but with the smaller districts, it makes for possibly a couple of longer road trips every other year. The way the new alignment states, Cawood will be consolidating after next year, so a possible trip to Harlan would be only 1 time, and that would be have to be a Saturday based on KHSAA season limitations on traveling during school time. As an alumni and fan of Fleming County, I definitely have seen the football program continue on the upswing the last 6 or 7 years. The feeder program on the elementary level has improved along with the district we have played in. Russell has been the king of the mountain, and I think with the type of program they have, it has challenged everyone in this area to improve. Most teams are not there as of yet, but there has been some improvement with most of the teams in our district.

 

With the talent Fleming has coming on in the next 4-5 years, I would look for some battles with Russell and Mason in the near future.

Surely the Devils aren't this intimidating that someone would like to travel this much to get around them and Mason. Who is minding the store at Fleming , are the lights on ?

 

I would like to replace Lewis and West. Both are struggling , I assume they don't have strong feeders.

 

I am hoping the Devils add Burg , Portsmouth and Ironton ..... or WVa schools in Huntington area ...

This leaves 3 games for Russell to pick up next year. Raceland, Fairview and Wheelersburg?????

 

I would love to see Russell back on the Lawrence County schedule.

  • Author
Surely the Devils aren't this intimidating that someone would like to travel this much to get around them and Mason. Who is minding the store at Fleming , are the lights on ?

 

I would like to replace Lewis and West. Both are struggling , I assume they don't have strong feeders.

 

I am hoping the Devils add Burg , Portsmouth and Ironton ..... or WVa schools in Huntington area ...

 

I would think that these are the teams that Russell would want to be scheduling.

There is one reason fleming county moved districts. They just couldnt stick with mason or russel. they would be finishing 3rd every year. its a good move on their part but a very scared move.

There is one reason fleming county moved districts. They just couldnt stick with mason or russel. they would be finishing 3rd every year. its a good move on their part but a very scared move.

 

 

I don't think Fleming would be finishing 3rd every year. Russell would probably finish 1st 9 out of 10 years with Fleming or Mason finishing first the other years. I think the Fleming and Mason programs are very comparable, I think Fleming can hang with Mason any year. Most years we have had problems with Russell. I would personally like to stay where we are at right now, but I'm not calling the shots.

  • Author

Maybe this will shed some light; Panthers' record vs. Russell and Mason County since 1998:

 

1998: Russell 7-35, Mason 12-15

1999: Russell 0-14, Mason 14-55

2000: Russell 14-27, Mason 9-14

2001: Russell 24-3 reg season, 45-21 playoffs; Mason 20-13 reg season, 6-14 playoffs

2002: Russell 6-42, mason 21-27

2003: Russell 21-28, Mason 6-53

2004: Russell 19-45, Mason 36-14

2005: Russell 21-42, Mason 21-28

 

Record vs. Russell: 1-7 regular season, 1-0 playoffs; 2-7 combined

Record vs. Mason: 2-6 regular season, 0-1 playoffs; 2-7 combined

One reason I am glad to see SOMEONE leave the district is the fact that it would have been the ONLY 6 team 3A district in the state with several 4 team. With Cawood only around for another year or two at the most, Fleming will soon be in a 4 team district and be a virtual lock for a home playoff game. Russell's district goes back to 5 teams and give's them the opportunity to pick up some tougher non-district games to replace Estill and Powell.

Maybe this will shed some light; Panthers' record vs. Russell and Mason County since 1998:

 

1998: Russell 7-35, Mason 12-15

1999: Russell 0-14, Mason 14-55

2000: Russell 14-27, Mason 9-14

2001: Russell 24-3 reg season, 45-21 playoffs; Mason 20-13 reg season, 6-14 playoffs

2002: Russell 6-42, mason 21-27

2003: Russell 21-28, Mason 6-53

2004: Russell 19-45, Mason 36-14

2005: Russell 21-42, Mason 21-28

 

Record vs. Russell: 1-7 regular season, 1-0 playoffs; 2-7 combined

Record vs. Mason: 2-6 regular season, 0-1 playoffs; 2-7 combined

 

Hey papa since you like digging up the past how about going all the way back to Fleming and Masons all time record against each other.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.