Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slavery Still Exists Today

Featured Replies

I realize this article is dated, however governments around the world have to know this is still occurring, yet turn a blind eye to it because it does not fit their narrative. Or the countries involved, who have slaves, have promised the U.N. they will assist with eradicating Al-Qaeda or ISIS. Our government has to know it also. Why is there no hue and cry from Washington and the Democrats? It only becomes an issue if the Democrats need to exploit it with fake outrage for votes somehow and blame the Big Bad Republicans. We need to investigate this in our own country, how many of you have read stories of the possibility? It needs to stop now, not for votes but because the situation is inhumane. Makes me sick to my stomach, slavery is an abomination, no matter the color of the skin.

There was a segment a while back on Real Sports about the World Cup being played in Dubai soon. They are building several stadiums to host the event. The conditions the workers (all foreigners) live in is appalling.

Human trafficking is a worldwide problem, even in the USA. I've seen estimates that there are few hundred thousand women in the sex slave industry in this country alone.

How is this even a surprise to anyone? This has been a focus of human rights groups for decades. And it's not just Muslim's who enslave people. But, isolating them does feed the current wave of rhetoric I suppose.

  • Author
How is this even a surprise to anyone? This has been a focus of human rights groups for decades. And it's not just Muslim's who enslave people. But, isolating them does feed the current wave of rhetoric I suppose.

 

No, it's not just because they are muslim. If they have slaves do they get a pass because we shouldn't keep picking on muslims? Add this to the list. This is the article I stumbled acrossed and posted to start the thread. As I did more looking around India has more slaves than any nation and we do alot of business and have good politcal ties with them. How does our government turn a blind eye?

 

10 Countries With Most Slaves Per Capita

Edited by Fear the Nation

How is this even a surprise to anyone? This has been a focus of human rights groups for decades. And it's not just Muslim's who enslave people. But, isolating them does feed the current wave of rhetoric I suppose.

 

I just stated that we need to investigate in our own country because I have read stories and have watched documentaries. If journalists can find them, why can't the government? I would have thought our current president would definitely have pursued it, no matter the color of the enslaved's skin. No one said it was only muslims, I said stop it wherever you find it, period.

I just stated that we need to investigate in our own country because I have read stories and have watched documentaries. If journalists can find them, why can't the government? I would have thought our current president would definitely have pursued it, no matter the color of the enslaved's skin. No one said it was only muslims, I said stop it wherever you find it, period.

 

I didn't quote you.

I didn't quote you.

 

And I still say stop it wherever you find it. Slavery is wrong, no matter the color of skin. May not be a quote but it questioned my sincerity. I do not have a narrative to pursue. Or a current wave of rhetoric.

And I still say stop it wherever you find it. Slavery is wrong, no matter the color of skin. May not be a quote but it questioned my sincerity. I do not have a narrative to pursue. Or a current wave of rhetoric.

 

I didn't question your sincerity. I didn't even know you had responded. I opened the article, read it and I merely added my thoughts to the thread. Don't paint me as some sort of bad guy here

No, it's not just because they are muslim. If they have slaves do they get a pass because we shouldn't keep picking on muslims? Add this to the list. This is the article I stumbled acrossed and posted to start the thread. As I did more looking around India has more slaves than any nation and we do alot of business and have good politcal ties with them. How does our government turn a blind eye?

 

10 Countries With Most Slaves Per Capita

 

Interesting list.

 

10 is largely a Christian country, with local tribal traditions mixed in

9 is Islamic

8 has a shared plurality with Islam and Christianity, with each in isolated parts of the country

7 is Christian plurality, with a strong Muslim minority

6 is 93 percent Christian

5 is Hindu

4 is Hindu with a strong Muslim minority

3 is Muslim

2 is Christian

1 is Muslim

  • Author

Guess the title should be changed to simply "slavery still exists today." It's unbelievable that it still can exist in today's world.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.