Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dallas Copycat in Tennessee

Featured Replies

Black guy indiscriminately shoots 4 white people just because they are white, and no one outside of that community cares. Everyone is too busy trying to figure out why body cameras fall off during a fight in Baton Rouge.

 

.

 

Did you miss the news about Dallas?

Did you miss the news about Dallas?

 

I think what he was getting at is that the hate crime in Tennessee happened prior to what happened in Dallas, yet it was not covered, due to the coverage of the Minnesota and Louisiana shootings. I may be completely wrong, but I'm pretty sure the shootings in Tennessee happened prior to the Dallas shootings.

I think what he was getting at is that the hate crime in Tennessee happened prior to what happened in Dallas, yet it was not covered, due to the coverage of the Minnesota and Louisiana shootings. I may be completely wrong, but I'm pretty sure the shootings in Tennessee happened prior to the Dallas shootings.

 

Happened the day after Dallas.

Happened the day after Dallas.

 

Unless the media has their dates wrong it happened Thursday morning, Dallas was Thursday evening. The incident in Tennessee didn't garner any media attention until Friday afternoon however, which may be what is confusing you.

Did I hear right, that 3000 more police officers had been added to the Cleveland police force of 1500 for the RNC? I would think this would be the safest event in the history of events if those numbers are right. Can anyone confirm?

I'm glad US Bank Arena is a dump and the RNC turned Cincinnati down when they were in the running for it.

 

Guess that says a lot about McCartney,Bieber,Rhianna, Maroon 5 and Carrie Underwood

What demographic is relevant?

 

Is it relevant to expect number of blacks/minorities killed by police to be proportionately equal to the general population?

 

Or should we be looking at the demographic of what percent of police encounters are black/minority and white? In other words, if 45% of police encounters are with minorities, then should we expect 45% of people killed in police encounters to be minorities?

 

These are not rhetorical questions. I am asking for numbers, thoughts and discussion.

 

I would think the best statistic would be as a percentage of encounters, not population. I really have not seen any stats either way though.

Unless the media has their dates wrong it happened Thursday morning, Dallas was Thursday evening. The incident in Tennessee didn't garner any media attention until Friday afternoon however, which may be what is confusing you.

 

That's interesting, isn't it?

The Dallas story is bigger. It played out live in prime time with several witnesses and social media accounts.

 

Probably has little to do with media bias and more to do with ratings.

That's interesting, isn't it?

 

Interesting and disturbing at the same time. The media reports solely on what they want and the majority of society doesn't even realize it.

The Dallas story is bigger. It played out live in prime time with several witnesses and social media accounts.

 

Probably has little to do with media bias and more to do with ratings.

 

While I agree that the Dallas event is bigger, why didn't the media even acknowledge the hate crime in Tennessee, which happened well before the Dallas "story?" I have an answer to that, but most people either fail to realize it or don't want to hear it.

 

For instance, while I don't know Clyde personally, I can tell you that he's a smart man, that's obvious from his posts and interaction with him on BGP. However, he thought that the incident in Tennessee happened after the Dallas incident. Why you ask, because the media missed the boat on that one and were trying to cover their rear ends for not reporting on a black on white hate crime. So while the article was posted on the 8th day of July, the incident actually happened during the morning hours of the 7th day of July. The title of the cbs article says it all, it wasn't a copycat of the Dallas incident, (I know it didn't say copycat, however it did say similar to the Dallas incident, which helps lead to the confusion) the Dallas incident hadn't even happened yet. Just another spin from the media.

  • Author

Yes, I started the thread and it caught me to like Clyde.

 

I didn't catch the time difference between the two attacks.

 

That bothers me more now. My apologies for the title being incorrect.

Unless the media has their dates wrong it happened Thursday morning, Dallas was Thursday evening. The incident in Tennessee didn't garner any media attention until Friday afternoon however, which may be what is confusing you.

 

My fault. I read the description of the link and the date the TN thread was created and made the wrong assumption.

 

I still don't get the argument. A black guy shot white officers. It made the news.

My fault. I read the description of the link and the date the TN thread was created and made the wrong assumption.

 

I still don't get the argument. A black guy shot white officers. It made the news.

 

It's not your fault, when it first came out I thought the same as well, until I read that it actually happened before the Dallas hate crime.

 

I guess the argument, not that I'm looking to have one, would be that this particular incident received no attention due to the ongoing coverage of the Louisiana and Minnesota issues. However this was clearly a hate crime, in retaliation to the prior police shootings. Had we been fortunate enough for the horrific event in Dallas to not happen, we probably still wouldn't know about the shootings in Tennessee.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.