Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Different Kind of White Privilege

Featured Replies

I agree 100% with you....

 

News for you....it ain't just a black thing

 

Maybe, maybe not but the trick is to convince me that it isn't a black thing and so far I have raised eyebrows. I'm not sure what to think.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol2: :lol2:

 

You know I try to keep it light and serious at the same time. :D

 

Say it isn't so.

Issues like that must be discussed if the divide between blacks and the police is going to be squashed. The distrust is already there and that is the problem. Trust needs to be gained and ignoring those stories and outcome won't help anything G either. Those stories clearly show instances in which deadly force wasn't needed to subdue and detain violent subjects. In each of those stories the cops have credit to their training. A legitimate concern is trying to figure out what makes each story different from the rest and learning the different ways to detain violent subjects. Whether people like it a lot of people only see one difference and they want to know why.

 

I'm not saying issues shouldn't be discussed. They obviously should. But we also need to be able to discuss isolated incidents as such , and not pick these events out randomly and claim a pattern of behavior.

 

There are issues of trust I agree that need to be worked out. But this isn't like what was said in another thread about other racial issues that white people need to figure it out. Cops aren't a race. This is something that needs to be mended by both parties.

 

There is obvious mistrust from black community and in some regards it's very justified. But I would also argue as I have for the last year the means in which they go about change in some cases isn't healthy or making things any better.

I'm not saying issues shouldn't be discussed. They obviously should. But we also need to be able to discuss isolated incidents as such , and not pick these events out randomly and claim a pattern of behavior.

 

There are issues of trust I agree that need to be worked out. But this isn't like what was said in another thread about other racial issues that white people need to figure it out. Cops aren't a race. This is something that needs to be mended by both parties.

 

There is obvious mistrust from black community and in some regards it's very justified. But I would also argue as I have for the last year the means in which they go about change in some cases isn't healthy or making things any better.

 

Agreed. The new problem that takes place is that people want to connect the deranged lunatics wanting to kill white people and cops to BLM in an effort to discredit the whole movement. The BLM movement has been one of the most misunderstood movements I have seen in my lifetime and the media has a large part in that. How can anything change when the movement that is supported by a large amount of black people is discredited from the jump? People say "black leaders" need to do this that and the other but nobody wants to listen to our black leaders. You can name 5 "black leaders" right now and I guarantee even here on BGP they won't be someone that a majority of white people would even acknowledge as a leader let alone a black leader. What is the move then when no one will listen or respect your leaders?

 

And no, I am not talking about Al and Jesse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.