Marshall Co. 54 Daviess Co. 26

strike-3

Looks like Mike Lawson has his offense back at full throtle. Alan Williams had 194 yds. & 4 TD rushing and 168 yds. and 3 TD receiving.

I agree:thumb:

Congrats to the Marshals on a great opening game win...should be a great one next week between the Cards and Marshals.

The big question is how did a downtrodden Daviess Co. score 26 on the Marshall defense that is supposed to be the strength of the team?

Good question, I watched that first half and it was just simply mistakes of the Marshall county offense. Daviess County did trick them on a couple of what Marshall thought was going to be extra pt kicks that they snapped and ran in for 2pts twice, caught Marshall sleeping, but you wouldn't have thought Marshall would have allowed that to happen again but they did, the kids just sat back there and let them run it in!! Daviess really didn't have much of an offense from what I saw, there was some decent short passes that helped them move the ball down the field, but I was wore out from the Mayfield game I just don't remember all the penalties, but I do remember the quick score Daviess got from I think the interception on like the 2nd play that put them ahead right off the bat.

Didn't Daviess score once off a kickoff and another on a fumble return? Can't fault the defense for that.

Yeah, you're right, the kickoff return was a score, again, I was wore out, did anybody stay for the whole game? I was thinking that thing wasn't going to end until 1AM!! I know it was 10:30 and the 2nd half was starting, I had to go home, I was wore out, :creepy: I feel sorry for the Daviess County folks, they probably didn't get home until 3 or 4 in the morning!!

Daviess County only had about 150 yards in total offense. The first touchdown was on a fumble return, the second on a kickoff return and a field goal was set up by an interception in their own territory. The other score might have also been set up by a turnover.

Marshall pretty much dominated the second half.