Johnson Central 40 North Laurel 6

xyience

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If North Laurel is looking for a positive, I think the game just got away from them. JC was better prepared and conditioned, and I think NL had no idea just how deep and versatile JC is. From my perspective, the teams were matched well talent-wise. North Laurel had its chances to make it a game early, but never capitalized on the botched long snaps and turnover. Johnson Central is on a mission, thanks to the teachings, both physically and mentaly, of Coach Matney. The transformation has been steady and very entertaining, and NL should use this game and Johnson Central's example (remember, just 2 years ago your win kept JC out of the playoffs in Matney's first year), as motivation. They already have the athletes, and I for one hope the grit and determination improves, and they shake up that 4A district. By the way, that 3rd QB looked comfortable, and threw the ball well (albeit against mostly backups).

If North Laurel is looking for a positive, I think the game just got away from them. JC was better prepared and conditioned, and I think NL had no idea just how deep and versatile JC is. From my perspective, the teams were matched well talent-wise. North Laurel had its chances to make it a game early, but never capitalized on the botched long snaps and turnover. Johnson Central is on a mission, thanks to the teachings, both physically and mentaly, of Coach Matney. The transformation has been steady and very entertaining, and NL should use this game and Johnson Central's example (remember, just 2 years ago your win kept JC out of the playoffs in Matney's first year), as motivation. They already have the athletes, and I for one hope the grit and determination improves, and they shake up that 4A district. By the way, that 3rd QB looked comfortable, and threw the ball well (albeit against mostly backups).

He is a freshmen with loads of upside. He will have to learn the system and how much different the high school game is than middle school, but he has good size (something NL QB's haven't had since Hammock was there in Duncum's early years with the Jaguars), excellent athleticism, and the TD pass he threw was 43 yards in the air and on target so he has the arm strength. He has a great deal of potential.

He is a freshmen with loads of upside. He will have to learn the system and how much different the high school game is than middle school, but he has good size (something NL QB's haven't had since Hammock was there in Duncum's early years with the Jaguars), excellent athleticism, and the TD pass he threw was 43 yards in the air and on target so he has the arm strength. He has a great deal of potential.

I knew he was a freshman, and was impressed. He got an opportunity and ran with it. I bet that kid ain't down, and that's what they might need. Good luck the rest of the way, and thanks for the hospitality.

I knew he was a freshman, and was impressed. He got an opportunity and ran with it. I bet that kid ain't down, and that's what they might need. Good luck the rest of the way, and thanks for the hospitality.

You as well. The Eagles should have a very solid season based on how solid they looked in the opening game. I was really impressed with Grimm and the freshmen back (actually all of them looked pretty solid). But JCHS' defense is what really impressed me. They fly to the ball and you rarely saw only 1 man making the tackle, .. they always had multiple players moving to the ball.