Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Acceptable Reaction By Officer?

Featured Replies

Interesting Observation, @Clyde where do you get your news articles from?

Love the title. "Cop brutally beats a child".

Would the story seem different if the title was " stupid teenager tries to run from an office of the law"?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Interesting Observation' date=' [mention=11460']Clyde[/mention] where do you get your news articles from? Love the title. "Cop brutally beats a child". Would the story seem different if the title was " stupid teenager tries to run from an office of the law"?

 

Saw it on Twitter being RT'd.

Saw it on Twitter being RT'd.

 

I guess it all depends on who/what you follow on Twitter or what news source you follow.

Both sides are very twisted and one sided.

  • Author
I guess it all depends on who/what you follow on Twitter or what news source you follow. Both sides are very twisted and one sided.

 

Why does it matter who posted the video? Why does the title in the video matter to the debate?

Why does it matter who posted the video? Why does the title in the video matter to the debate?

I just find it hilarious that liberal news sources title an article one way and the conservatives would title it completely different. They feed their followers. Much like a post from a democrat or republican will always tell their followers what they want to hear.

  • Author
I just find it hilarious that liberal news sources title an article one way and the conservatives would title it completely different. They feed their followers. Much like a post from a democrat or republican will always tell their followers what they want to hear.

 

That's fine but it doesn't change the content of the video.

You and I have had this disagreement before so this won't be new to you.

 

I think most rational adults agree that the "not doing what you're told" does not give an officer free reign. If he had shot her for riding off on her bike I think we'd agree that would be excessive, right? So there's obviously a limit which makes the "do what you're told or..." really untrue.

 

What TAC said was spot on. Sure, there are going to be exceptions but in the overwhelming percentage of incidents if you don't run from the police and do what they say, then these things don't escalate. Not sure about your leap of logic about giving them free reign, no one has said anything remotely like that.

  • Author
What TAC said was spot on. Sure, there are going to be exceptions but in the overwhelming percentage of incidents if you don't run from the police and do what they say, then these things don't escalate. Not sure about your leap of logic about giving them free reign, no one has said anything remotely like that.

 

When the debate is on appropriate response by the officer then my leap of logic was necessary for his blanket statement. There's a line. Where is it?

When the debate is on appropriate response by the officer then my leap of logic was necessary for his blanket statement. There's a line. Where is it?

 

No one knows but his statement is nevertheless correct. Don't run and shut your mouth and do what the officer says and the chances of the situation escalating go down significantly.

He was a little rough being that was a young girl. Whether he had the right to detain her and keep her from leaving boils down to information we don't have. Did they or were they suspected of a committing a crime. The tresspassing thing because they were just riding through the parking lot doesn't fly. We dont live in a stop you and were's your papers state. So it boils down to why they were really stopped and if there was legal reason to detain two citizens. If there was the kid was wrong, if no probable cause the LEO was out of line.

Why does it matter who posted the video? Why does the title in the video matter to the debate?

 

Because that is how you frame a story bias. Come on Clyde, that's media politics 101.

  • Author
Because that is how you frame a story bias. Come on Clyde, that's media politics 101.

 

Yeah, if I was the media.

 

For THIS debate which was clearly identified in the first post the title of the video posted by some other person is irrelevant.

 

I try to stay at the 401 level most times.

Yeah, if I was the media.

 

For THIS debate which was clearly identified in the first post the title of the video posted by some other person is irrelevant.

 

I try to stay at the 401 level most times.

 

 

I'm sure you do try.

 

I am not really sure what you are looking for? You asked a question, regarding why the title of the video mattered. I responded to your question, arguing that the title of the video is important because it frames the way your opinion is shaped when watching the video. If the title had been, "Disrespectful brat gets taught a lesson" then I believe many people would feel differently about this video.

 

I then pointed out that this was pretty basic knowledge, and that it should have been learned in an introductory political media course. To which you claimed that you try to stay at a "401" level. However, if that were actually the case and you stayed at a 401 level, which I am not even entirely sure makes sense, then you would have never asked the question in the first place.

  • Author
I'm sure you do try.

 

I am not really sure what you are looking for? You asked a question, regarding why the title of the video mattered. I responded to your question, arguing that the title of the video is important because it frames the way your opinion is shaped when watching the video. If the title had been, "Disrespectful brat gets taught a lesson" then I believe many people would feel differently about this video.

 

I then pointed out that this was pretty basic knowledge, and that it should have been learned in an introductory political media course. To which you claimed that you try to stay at a "401" level. However, if that were actually the case and you stayed at a 401 level, which I am not even entirely sure makes sense, then you would have never asked the question in the first place.

 

Geez. I only responded to the "title" issue because it was RAISED and was distracting to the REAL debate. The title is IRRELEVANT to this debate.

 

The thread narrative was clearly stated in post #1. The video is the video whether it is titled as it is or if says "Santa Claus is a pimp!" Doesn't change the content. Shouldn't be considered. Use your eyes and your brain and then make a judgement as to the response being acceptable i.e. the point of this thread.

Geez. I only responded to the "title" issue because it was RAISED and was distracting to the REAL debate. The title is IRRELEVANT to this debate.

 

The thread narrative was clearly stated in post #1. The video is the video whether it is titled as it is or if says "Santa Claus is a pimp!" Doesn't change the content. Shouldn't be considered. Use your eyes and your brain and then make a judgement as to the response being acceptable i.e. the point of this thread.

 

Sorry, you asked a question so I thought I would give an answer. Sometimes, when people ask questions they are actually looking for answers, and sometimes they are not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.