Hoover stinks

It's the simple fact that people can't have opinions because the stats say otherwise. I don't care what his numbers are, in my opinion he's not any good. He's showing this year he is not an average pitcher. He's been fortunate in the past that he didn't have to pitch the pressure situations hence helping his numbers (blowouts one way or the other). Either way, you can have your feelings about him and I'll have mine.

I guess Votto is terrible and you absolutely love Hamilton because he is fast and plays good defense. Who cares what the stats say for each player.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Votto is terrible and you absolutely love Hamilton because he is fast and plays good defense. Who cares what the stats say for each player.

Hamilton is good defensively and couldn't get a hit if it was put on a tee. Votto is Votto. MVP for a reason and not because he is average. But you guys are right and I'm wrong.

It's the simple fact that people can't have opinions because the stats say otherwise. I don't care what his numbers are, in my opinion he's not any good. He's showing this year he is not an average pitcher. He's been fortunate in the past that he didn't have to pitch the pressure situations hence helping his numbers (blowouts one way or the other). Either way, you can have your feelings about him and I'll have mine.

Some relievers have the stuff — mentally and physically — to come into those high-pressure situations and put out fires.

Others need a clean slate to start the inning to be effective. Hoover falls in this category. He wouldn't be the first guy, and MLB rosters are littered with them. They have their uses. The Reds are trying to fit a round peg in Hoover into the closer's role simply because they have no better option.

But the bottom line is all Price can do is put a pitcher in the game that is on the roster. The problem is that there is not a closer on the roster. That blame goes to the GENERAL manager, not the manager.

I agree, although when healthy they have a guy built for the role IMO. Unfortunately he's on the 60 day right now.