PGA: Jim Herman wins the Houston Open

I am so happy for Jim Herman! He is a west side Cincy native and his mother taught my two daughters at St. Antoninus grade school 15+ years ago. I remember one of my daughters coming home from school one day saying that Mrs. Herman told the class her son was a pro golfer. I follow golf closely and had never heard of him so I was skeptical. Not any longer! He hit some clutch shots down the stretch including his drive on 18 (water left and bunkers right) after waiting at least 10 minutes on the tee. He totally gutted it right in the middle of the fairway...very impressive! This win will literally change his life...besides the million plus he gets a two year exemption on tour, gets to play in the Masters next week, the Players, the PGA, the Hawaii tournament of champions next January, etc...

A really cool story!

I am so happy for Jim Herman! He is a west side Cincy native and his mother taught my two daughters at St. Antoninus grade school 15+ years ago. I remember one of my daughters coming home from school one day saying that Mrs. Herman told the class her son was a pro golfer. I follow golf closely and had never heard of him so I was skeptical. Not any longer! He hit some clutch shots down the stretch including his drive on 18 (water left and bunkers right) after waiting at least 10 minutes on the tee. He totally gutted it right in the middle of the fairway...very impressive! This win will literally change his life...besides the million plus he gets a two year exemption on tour, gets to play in the Masters next week, the Players, the PGA, the Hawaii tournament of champions next January, etc...

A really cool story!

I would've duck-hooked that thing into the water as sure as the sun is shining. I think his drive actually surprised the announcers, too.

I would've duck-hooked that thing into the water as sure as the sun is shining. I think his drive actually surprised the announcers, too.

I was at a bar/restaurant with my wife and could not hear the announcers (watching on the big screen). I was telling my wife how hard his last drive would be, especially after the long wait. Keep in mind this was the biggest drive of his life...one he had probably imagined about eleventy billion times! I predicted he would bail out right to avoid the water and end up in the bunker...then he drilled it down the middle...like I said before, that was very impressive. He was probably very nervous but never showed it at all.