Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Girls State Pole Vault record falls, Jaron Brooks 50+ feet in triple jump

Featured Replies

Tates Creek hosted their all comers meet last night and Kristina Leggas from Lafayette broke the State Pole Vault record at 12' 4" I believe that she is just a junior, but her jump bested the old mark of 12' 2" . She out jumped all of the girls and all but 2 of the boys.

 

Jaron Brooks took a break from high jumping last night and posted a 50'6" triple jump. That ranks as #4 all time in the state of Ky and makes him the current #1 in the US in triple jump.

 

Great night for the meet, a lot of the Lexington schools seem to be playing it cagey early in the season. Didn't really get to see all of the best athletes in their best events or any real throwdowns in the relays as its early in the season but a good meet none the less.

 

full results here Tates Creek All-Comers - Meet Results

Technically, state records can only broken at the state meet in Kentucky, however it is an all time #1. Awesome job!

Below are the official National and State records that also require to be done at the state meet in Kentucky. Some other states, like Ohio, do not do this, but Ky does. She did an awesome job and could push that National record by next year!! Way to go on the all-time #1 so early in the season.

 

Event 35 Girls Pole Vault

National 14-02.75 2011 Morgan LeLeux-Louisiana

State 12-00.00 2014 Morgan McIntyre - Fairview

3A 11-09.00 2011 Megan Zimlich - Ballard

2A 11-06.00 2015 Dascha Hix - Fort Campbell

1A 12-00.00 2014 Morgan McIntyre - Fairview

Always fun when someone does so well.

 

Although it wasn't a record-breaker, I was working the jump pit at one of the 2008 Mason County indoor meets. Morgan Thacker (Rockcastle County senior at the time) hit 18 feet on the nose in the long jump and when I called the distance she was just about the happiest person I've ever seen.

Technically, state records can only broken at the state meet in Kentucky, however it is an all time #1. Awesome job!

 

I just learned something new. Interesting.

I just learned something new. Interesting.

 

I agree and disagree.

 

Agree: Because not all HS meets have KHSAA officials, hence bad marks are always seen but nothing done. Especially for throwing, 5 feet more or less, if anyone out in the field is paying attention (volunteer coaches, parents, kids). I've even seen a Discus skip and the mark was on the second skip?, Not all implants are weighed at these meets either. Which is an issue for girls, because they have the 8 lbs for MS, but 8.8 for HS, I see girls try and sneak an 8lbs in once in a while or they just don't know and their coaches tell them to throw that one. Add in wind added runs to the mix. Many other non regulated situations that don't account situations to be "fair" under the rules and guidelines. Even Sector lines not correct.

 

Disagree: Because there are some outstanding performances, like the one mentioned above, that are legit and should be recognized. Also, the day of the State meet could be an absolute terrible rainy, crappy day, and performances are not up to par to peak in those conditions.

 

Those are my 2 cents from a lifetime track guy.

I've actually seen horizontal jumps measured from the middle of the footprint.

Dad was a track coach in the 50s and 60s in Maryland. After he stopped coaching, he still worked a lot of the state meets (in the 70s). I sometimes helped with high jump and shot.

 

There are many who say, "The only thing more boring than track is field". Myself - I LOVE track meets. Always something happening.

Dad was a track coach in the 50s and 60s in Maryland. After he stopped coaching, he still worked a lot of the state meets (in the 70s). I sometimes helped with high jump and shot.

 

There are many who say, "The only thing more boring than track is field". Myself - I LOVE track meets. Always something happening.

 

Only problem I have is there is so much going on at once it is impossible to take it all in. Hated when state was in Louisville and the field events were down the block and around the corner.

Only problem I have is there is so much going on at once it is impossible to take it all in. Hated when state was in Louisville and the field events were down the block and around the corner.

 

Often tough for a one-man operation to see everything at once. It's usually the discus (shot can usually be accommodated) that gets "displaced".

I wish they'd bring the hammer throw and the javelin to high school track. That would bring a little excitement to a meet.

I wish they'd bring the hammer throw and the javelin to high school track. That would bring a little excitement to a meet.

 

Hide the women and children.:lol2:

Dad was a track coach in the 50s and 60s in Maryland. After he stopped coaching, he still worked a lot of the state meets (in the 70s). I sometimes helped with high jump and shot.

 

There are many who say, "The only thing more boring than track is field". Myself - I LOVE track meets. Always something happening.

 

I love track too. Our baseball field was right behind our stadium in high school, and we'd take breaks in practice to watch the relays. Because the throwers competed just outside of the baseball field, I started playing around with throwing the discus, and actually became pretty decent, and started throwing during home meets (we only had baseball games on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday, while track meets were Monday/Wednesday which were baseball practice days). Since we had the only modern track at the time and were centrally located, our school always hosted conference and state, so track never interfered with baseball and vice versa. I was able to letter in track my senior year, giving me varsity letters in 4 sports over my high school career (baseball, football, basketball, track)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.