12 year old girl arrested for pinching a boys butt in middle school.

jericho

Which stupid people? The stupid people that created this law that allowed the 12 year old to be taken into custody? The stupid people that treated a 12 year old girl how they probably would have treated a 12 year old boy? The stupid 12 year old that "committed the crime"? Or the stupid Florida process that calls for a 12 year old to be put in a juvenile detention facility for such a violation?

The law is stupid.

The process is stupid.

The girl is stupid.

The boy's mom is stupid.

Common sense has gone out the window but it's Florida so I'm not surprised.

Whatever happened to a stern lecture on keeping your hands to yourself or maybe detention?!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The law is stupid.

The process is stupid.

The girl is stupid.

The boy's mom is stupid.

Whatever happened to a stern lecture on keeping your hands to yourself or maybe detention?!

I can tell you (everyone) this, had the same thing happened in Boone County the process would have been much different. Once the mom called to "press charges" a report would have been taken and the police would probably conduct a very brief investigation (talk to the school, talk to the victim, and talk to the perpetrator and her parents if they were willing to speak with the police) and the mom probably would have been referred the Court Designated Workers Office (CDW) to sign the juvenile complaint herself. In other words, the police would document the incident and let the parties involved hash it out in the courts. Then the alleged perpetrator would have been issued a summons of sorts to either meet with the CDW and/or the make an appearance in Juvenile Court. The child would not have been arrested (in KY we say taken into custody) based on the complaint.

The law is stupid.

The process is stupid.

The girl is stupid.

The boy's mom is stupid.

That is bullying.

I would like to add this.

Its not the girls fault. Why? She is 12, thats why. She is still a little kid. Thats what little kids do.

The boys mom is an adult. She is an IDIOT.

She just embarrassed her kid for years of bullying with all kinds of jokes about it.

I mean when I was 12 I would have probably been more than happy if a girl pinched my butt.

I can tell you (everyone) this, had the same thing happened in Boone County the process would have been much different. Once the mom called to "press charges" a report would have been taken and the police would probably conduct a very brief investigation (talk to the school, talk to the victim, and talk to the perpetrator and her parents if they were willing to speak with the police) and the mom probably would have been referred the Court Designated Workers Office (CDW) to sign the juvenile complaint herself. In other words, the police would document the incident and let the parties involved hash it out in the courts. Then the alleged perpetrator would have been issued a summons of sorts to either meet with the CDW and/or the make an appearance in Juvenile Court. The child would not have been arrested (in KY we say taken into custody) based on the complaint.

SB200 that went into affect in July has made it nearly impossible to get a juvenile in court that have committed serious offenses in KY. Which I think is ridiculous also.

Florida is draconian in their juvenile laws. It amazes me a 12 y.o. can be arrested for pinching another kids butt. Idiotic.

SB200 that went into affect in July has made it nearly impossible to get a juvenile in court that have committed serious offenses in KY. Which I think is ridiculous also.

Florida is draconian in their juvenile laws. It amazes me a 12 y.o. can be arrested for pinching another kids butt. Idiotic.

Or in simple terms, no way this ends up in court in KY and sure as heck no way the juvenile is taken into custody and lodged in a juvenile detention facility.

Or in simple terms, no way this ends up in court in KY and sure as heck no way the juvenile is taken into custody and lodged in a juvenile detention facility.

Absolutely. I was trying to show the absurdity of KY and FL laws for juveniles. KY for being too lax and FL for being too stringent.

Absolutely. I was trying to show the absurdity of KY and FL laws for juveniles. KY for being too lax and FL for being too stringent.

Agreed. Florida sounds scary stringent and it sounds like KY has continued down the laissez faire path.