Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Collins 2016

Featured Replies

What does Collins need to do to improve in 2016? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

I think they will be competitive in the district, but the magic and talent from the title run is over. I think they are very similar to all the teams in that district, looking for new talent to lead them over the district and regional hump.

I think the district is wide open. Any of the 5 could win it and I wouldn't be surprised.

Anxious to see the rising sophomores and juniors from an underclass-heavy 2015 team.

We definitely won't have the talent that we've been lucky enough to have the last few years. But these boys have learned how to win and work. We'll see in the fall.

Do they have a lot coming back from last season?

Collins had about 16 seniors, with most of them being lineman. They will return basically all their skill players and their top tackler Nick Eades. The upcoming junior class is their strongest class, so they are probably still a year away from really competing. With their schedule, a 4-6 or 5-5 regular season is a reasonable expectation.

Loaded with skill position kids. Will need to develope a strong line to be top 5 which I think they can be. Coach Lucas will again play a very strong non district schedule to prepair for post season. I say 7-3 and then at least host JH in regional final.

Loaded with skill position kids. Will need to develope a strong line to be top 5 which I think they can be. Coach Lucas will again play a very strong non district schedule to prepair for post season. I say 7-3 and then at least host JH in regional final.

 

Collins will be lucky if they make the playoffs IMO... They are in a very tough district... they will be fighting North Oldham for the last playoff slot

Collins will be lucky if they make the playoffs IMO... They are in a very tough district... they will be fighting North Oldham for the last playoff slot

WOW...

Collins will be lucky if they make the playoffs IMO... They are in a very tough district... they will be fighting North Oldham for the last playoff slot

 

Spencer returns the most starters, Franklin returns most of their lineman but lose their QB and recievers, Shelby and Collins suffer major losses on their lines. I believe Shelby lost more when you factor in Manica and Perry. Don't really know about North they seem to be a program in transition. Who knows how this district will shake out, Shelby was picked last in the preseason last year. As stated it is a tough district no easy games.

Spencer returns the most starters, Franklin returns most of their lineman but lose their QB and recievers, Shelby and Collins suffer major losses on their lines. I believe Shelby lost more when you factor in Manica and Perry. Don't really know about North they seem to be a program in transition. Who knows how this district will shake out, Shelby was picked last in the preseason last year. As stated it is a tough district no easy games.

 

I see this district as being a toss-up between Shelby and Collins. Collins did lose lot on their line, but maintain most skill players, who should mature as they enter their junior and senior seasons. Shelby loses a lot as well, but IMHO was a good team because of how well coached they were and should be just fine, JV team did pretty well last season.

After the last two seasons, I will take results over hype. Could they end up having a great year, of course, and I hope they do, but lets wait until they start winning meaningful games before talking about district/regional championships. There is no need to set unrealistic expectations for a team that had 4 running clocks put on them last year.

 

I think Collins will definitely be improved, just like they were last year from the year before, but they still have a ways to climb to get where they want to be. Like I said, I still think they are a year away from really competing again. Hopefully they arrive a year early.

Dang blue, you have been down on Collins for awhile. Thought you were in tight with them.

Maybe little Spencer and Franklin can have a change vs. the Shelby County teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.