Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One chart that shows Americans' backward views on evolution

Featured Replies

In most wealthy countries, people tend to believe in evolution. The US is an exceptional lonely dot far, far below the others, as this chart from the now-defunct webcomic Calamities of Nature shows:

 

global_warming_chart.0.jpg

 

How many Americans believe in evolution depends slightly upon how you frame the question. Tony Piro, who created this chart, used a question that refers to human beings developing "from earlier species of animals." Other polls that simply ask whether humans have evolved over time (without referring to animals) find a slightly higher percentage of Americans believing in evolution, around 60 percent. That would still make the US an outlier among rich countries, though.

 

One chart that shows Americans' backward views on evolution - Vox

  • Author
Hey, we're smarter than Turkey !!!!

 

Either the rest of the word is wrong or we are barely above a Turkey sandwich on evolution.

Either the rest of the word is wrong or we are barely above a Turkey sandwich on evolution.

 

 

I say Turkey Sandwich. Thanks religion !!!!

If the question was posed as "do you believe in Creationism or evolution?", I would answer, Creationism. if it was posed as,"have humans evolved over time?", I would agree that humans are always growing and changing and adapting as time goes on. That said, I do not believe that I evolved from a fish.

I believe in evolution. I don't believe in the theory of evolution. So, yes, I'm smarter than all of the rest of the wealthy countries.

Serious question...why do we care whether people believe in Evolution or Creationism? Didn't seem like the article elaborated on why that's correlated at all.

 

I'd rather we just move farther to the right on the "x" axis.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.