March 15, 201610 yr Open: - Kentucky State - Drexel - Central Florida - Rutgers - Denver - Filled: Rodney Billups - San Francisco - Arkansas State- Filled: Grant McCasland - Santa Clara - TCU - James Madison - Rio Grande Valley - Oklahoma State - Tulane - Stanford - Cornell
March 16, 201610 yr Open: - Kentucky State - Drexel - Central Florida - Rutgers - Denver - Filled: Rodney Billups - San Francisco - Arkansas State- Filled: Grant McCasland - Santa Clara - TCU - James Madison - Rio Grande Valley - Oklahoma State - Tulane - Stanford - Cornell - Pacific - Filled: Damon Stoudamire
March 16, 201610 yr Author Wright State has fired Billy Donlon. Shocker. Can't tell if you're being serious or not. Surprising to me.
March 16, 201610 yr Can't tell if you're being serious or not. Surprising to me. Yeah I am being serious. I think it's very surprising. Two years left on his contract and he just went 22-13 and made it to the Horizon league title game. Has won 20+ games in 3 of the last 4 seasons.
March 16, 201610 yr Wright State has fired Billy Donlon. Shocker. I called this last week in another thread here. He was booted because of his rants during the Horizon League tourney as much as his coaching.
March 16, 201610 yr I called this last week in another thread here. He was booted because of his rants during the Horizon League tourney as much as his coaching. I wasn't aware of that. What was he ranting about?
March 16, 201610 yr I wasn't aware of that. What was he ranting about? Your argument would be extinguished if you saw the Horizon League's agreement with ESPN, per the commissioner's office and the terms applied for being a partner in the ESPN3 initiative. It has nothing to do with the AQ. The Horizon League could vote to pull the AQ from the tournament - the Wright State coach ranted this week about the format for other reasons and might be looking for employment soon - and it would not affect the ESPN contract. Apples and Oranges. He was upset by Horizon League format. I will get the link.
March 16, 201610 yr I wasn't aware of that. What was he ranting about? Here is the link. The Wright State AD and president were furious, so was LeCrone the Horizon commish. Donlon should have kept his mouth shut.
March 16, 201610 yr I wasn't aware of that. What was he ranting about? Oops. Here is the link. Wright State's Donlon takes league to task for tournament format, All-League selections | College Basketball | nwitimes.com
March 16, 201610 yr I wasn't aware of that. What was he ranting about? Here is another video of the Horizon League commish LeCrone responding to Donlon's rants. Word the next day was the Wright State administration had has enough of his routine. LeCrone talks About Donlon | www.whio.com
March 16, 201610 yr I wasn't aware of that. What was he ranting about? Travis Steele from Xavier the front runner for Wright State. That is if he wants to leave a major program to be a head coach at a mid-major. Steele was also considered the front runner at NKU last year by some.
March 16, 201610 yr Here is Billy Donlon daring Wright State and the Horizon League to shut him up. This rant cost him his job. Knew this was coming last week. Billy Donlon unloads on Horizon League and media who cover it | www.daytondailynews.com
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.