Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If a player gets kicked out....

Featured Replies

If a player gets kicked out of a scrimage (1st or 2nd), does he by rule, have to sit out the next regular season game? If it happens in the first scrimage, must he sit out the second? Can he play in the second and sit out the season opener?

I would assume that he has to sit out the next game whether it be a scrimmage or a regular season game.

If a player gets kicked out of a scrimage (1st or 2nd), does he by rule, have to sit out the next regular season game? If it happens in the first scrimage, must he sit out the second? Can he play in the second and sit out the season opener?

 

 

I don't think he does but I will check the KHSAA bylaws and get back to you.

Yes a scrimmage is treated the same as a game. If you get kicked out you sit the next game. That is if the ref decides to write you up. I remember last year there was an unsportsmanlike incident between Boyd and Somerset but there wasn't any ejections or suspensions.

Yes a scrimmage is treated the same as a game. If you get kicked out you sit the next game. That is if the ref decides to write you up. I remember last year there was an unsportsmanlike incident between Boyd and Somerset but there wasn't any ejections or suspensions.

 

Correct. I believe the write-up has to take place within 24 hours of the incident.

Correct. I believe the write-up has to take place within 24 hours of the incident.

 

 

Guys, you are correct, they do have sit out.

Guys, you are correct, they do have sit out.

I haven't seen a referee fill out an ejection form ever for a scrimmage. My belief is that scrimmages are unpaid so the referees are a little bit laid back and won't fill out the form. The Head coach typically has to sign it so check with him.

Allen Feldhaus was kicked out of a scrimmage last year and didnt get to coach against Madison Southern in the season opener.

I haven't seen a referee fill out an ejection form ever for a scrimmage. My belief is that scrimmages are unpaid so the referees are a little bit laid back and won't fill out the form. The Head coach typically has to sign it so check with him.

 

Well, they don't use the ejection forms anymore. Officials must go to the KHSAA wesite and report it there.

Guys, you are correct, they do have sit out.

 

 

Scratch that post here, I was going by an official who told me this. I will find out for the rulebook or the KHSAA bylaw or I'll even email the KHSAA offices to find out. It is a great question.

Yes, if the player is ejected from the 1st scrimmage he would have to sit out the next scrimmage and if he's ejected from the 2nd scrimmage he would have to sit out the 1st regular season game. Those are the facts!

East Carter had a kid ejected last year in their grid game and he had to sit out the first regular season game

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.